Chapter Seventy-Two: Heather's Secret

TW: mentions of sa

Y/N and Rodrick walked towards their usual table in the cafeteria where their friends were already sitting.

"It looks extra thick today," Rodrick said, referring to the lunch lady's stew on his tray.

"Mine is bubbling," Y/N told him with a displeased frown.

"Ew," Rodrick chuckled.

When they sat down, they caught themselves in the middle of a strange conversation.

"And then they had to cut off pieces of their flesh," Lexi said.

Y/N and Rodrick gave her an incredulous look.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Rodrick asked as he stirred his stew around with his fork.

"The Saw movies," Lexi replied. "I watched all of them over the weekend. They were so good."

"You're a psychopath," Rodrick said.

"That's what I said!" Barry agreed as he sipped on his water.

"You guys are just big babies," Lexi said. "I'm telling you that they were incredible!"

"Psychopath," Rodrick muttered in Y/N's ear. She laughed.

"We should all hang out over the weekend and watch
them," Lexi suggested with a smile.

"We should definitely practice too," Ben added. Lexi, Barry and Rodrick nodded in agreement.

"I've been trying to learn a new song," Rodrick announced. "We should practice it on the weekend."

"Which song?" Lexi asked.

"Everlong," Rodrick replied, still stirring around his stew. "By the Foo Fighters."

"Sick choice, dude," Barry said as he clapped a hand on his shoulder.

Rodrick smiled. "Thanks. I've also been trying to write a new song," he told them.

"What's this one about?" Barry asked.

"I think I have a feeling," said Ben as he glanced at Y/N with a smile.

"What?" she asked, tilting her head.

Ben shrugged. "Oh, nothing." Then he cupped a hand over his mouth and faced Rodrick. "It's about her, isn't it?" he whispered.

Rodrick furrowed his brows before awkwardly giving Ben a thumbs-up which made Ben want to squeal.

The group continued to converse about random things for the next ten minutes. Then, Y/N got up from the table.

"Where are you going?" Rodrick asked her.

"Bathroom," she replied. "I'll be right back."

He nodded and turned to Ben, Barry and Lexi.

Y/N walked out of the cafeteria and down the hall. She took a turn which led to the girl's washroom and pushed open the door.

The moment she stepped inside she heard sniffling. When the door screeched close from behind her, the sniffling stopped.

Y/N slowly approached the stalls. "Hello?"

"Go away," a shaky voice snapped. Y/N knew that voice.

"Heather?" Y/N asked.

There was a pause. Y/N waited for a noise or for the voice to speak again.

Moments later, one of the stall doors opened. Y/N turned to see Heather. Her hair was a mess, her clothes were too causal for typical Heather clothes and her face was stained with tears.