Chapter Eighty: Double Date

The moment Y/N got into Rodrick's van, he handed her his bawled up sweater.

Her face contorted with confusion as she took the sweater from him. "What's this for?" she asked.

"It's the third of December," he replied. "I'm supposed to give you a sweater, right?"

She leaned towards him and kissed his cheek. "Thank you."

"Anything for you," he said as he shifted the gear stick to reverse and began backing out of her driveway.

"So, have you come to a conclusion?" Y/N asked. Rodrick glanced at her, furrowing his brows. "For the double date thing."

"Oh yeah. I did. I'll only say yes if that's what you want to do," he said.

"I think it could be fun," Y/N mumbled with a shrug.

He nodded. "So, what would we be doing?" he asked.

"I'd have to ask Lexi," she replied. "She was the one who planned this."

"She's probably going to make us watch some weird, disturbing movie," said Rodrick. Y/N laughed softly which made Rodrick smile.

"If it was up to you, what would you have us do?" she asked.

He shrugged. "If it was up to me, I would 'forget' about the whole thing and go home to take a nap. Or practice the new song I've been working on."

Y/N playfully rolled her eyes. "You're always napping."

"I'm always tired," he replied. "Or bored."

"You don't seem bored right now," she said.

"That's because I'm with you," he mumbled. Y/N smiled at him fondly.

Minutes later, they arrived at school. Rodrick used his terrible parking skills before he hopped out of the van to open Y/N's door for her.

Once she climbed out, she slipped on Rodrick's sweater and zipped it up. Then he took her hand and began escorting her into school.

When they entered the main locker area, Lexi walked over to them. "So, I was looking at new movies for us to watch and they're playing a horror one tonight. And the theatre that they're playing it in is the best in Plainview."

"I hate movie theatres," Rodrick grumbled.

"You're just afraid to scream in front of everyone," said Lexi.

"I am not," Rodrick protested. "I just would much rather watch it in my own house with people I know."

"Pussy," Lexi mumbled.

Rodrick scowled at her. "I really don't understand why I agreed to this."

"Because you love me," Y/N said as she shut her locker door.

"Yes, that is true," Rodrick replied with a nod. Y/N gave him a smile. He mirrored her expression.

"Class is about to start. Come on, Y/N. We have English," Lexi told her as she grabbed her hand and started to drag her away from Rodrick.

Y/N peered over her shoulder at Rodrick who waved to her. She gave him a smile before Lexi pulled them around a corner and she couldn't see him anymore.

"This doesn't look like yours, Y/N," Lexi said. Y/N turned to her to see Lexi pointing at the sweater she wore.

"It's Rodrick's," Y/N replied. "He gave it to me since it's the third of December."

"Aww, Ben and Barry need to take lessons from Rodrick because neither of them are giving their girlfriends sweaters," said Lexi.

"Ben's not giving you a sweater?" Y/N asked, tilting her head.