Chapter Seventy-Eight: Sibling Bonding

Y/N and Rodrick began making their over to their friends who were already eating their lunches at their regular cafeteria table.

When they sat down, they stared at their food. It was a sloppily made chicken burger with a soggy bun.

"At least it's not some weird soup," Y/N muttered with a shrug.

Rodrick took a bite of his first and had to force himself to swallow it. "Don't eat that," he told her as he set the chicken burger onto his tray. He slide his tray away from him and turned to Y/N. "Do you want me to get you something from the vending machine?"

"Yes, please," Y/N replied before she gave Rodrick a kiss on the cheek. He smiled and stood up. And with that, he walked over to the vending machine in the cafeteria.

Y/N held her chin in her hands and watched Rodrick fondly as he bought her favourite snack.

"Aw," Ben said. Y/N turned to face her friends. "Did you guys not see that? Rodrick tasted the food before Y/N did and then bought her something from the vending machine."

Barry gave him an incredulous look. "Uh... okay..."

"Y/N and Rodrick for life," said Ben. "I think I'm going to get that tattooed on me somewhere."

"But why?" Lexi asked as she furrowed her brows.

"Lex, it's important when your two favourite people—after almost a year of waiting— finally get together," he told her as if stating the obvious. "So important that it's tattoo worthy."

"What's she doing?" Barry asked as his face hardened. Y/N followed his gaze to see Heather walking up to Rodrick who looked taken aback at first when he saw her.

Y/N and the others watched as Heather pulled Rodrick aside to talk to him. She narrowed her eyes and tried her best to read lips.

"I bet she's begging for him to come back to her," said Lexi.

"Most definitely," Barry agreed.

Y/N ignored her friends and watched as Heather spoke with Rodrick.

Minutes passed and Heather walked out of the cafeteria, leaving Rodrick standing there with a puzzled look on his face.

He spun around and made his way over to the table, taking a seat next to Y/N.

"What was that all about?" Lexi asked.

"Does she want you back or something?" asked Barry.

Rodrick shook his head and handed Y/N her snack. "She apologized," he told them. "You know, for being an asshole to me. She said that I was a great boyfriend even though neither of us actually liked each other. And she said that me and Y/N are lucky to have each other. She's also sorry for the way she treated you guys."

"Heather knows how to say sorry?" Barry mumbled.

"Did you forgive her?" asked Ben.

"Before I got the chance to, she left," Rodrick replied with a shrug.

"This is so weird," said Barry, shaking his head. "I mean, Heather? Apologizing? This is probably some bet she made with her friends."

"You shouldn't be so quick to judge," Rodrick said. "She knows what she did was wrong and she's sorry for it. There doesn't have to be some kind of story behind it. Besides—"

"Yeah, but this is Heather we're talking about," Barry  interjected.

"People change," Y/N said with a shrug.

Barry sighed and held his chin in his hands. "I guess. But I'm just trying to warn you."

Rodrick rolled his eyes and shook his head.