Chapter Seventy-Six: Doodles

TW: mentions of sa

Rodrick and Y/N sat in their History class, having free time since they had just passed in their project they done for the Europe trip.

As Y/N went over some things she had to do for other classes, Rodrick took a pen from her pencil case and gently tapped her with it.

"Hi," she said, turning to him.

"Wanna draw on my shoes with me?" he asked. She nodded and pulled out another pen from her pencil case. Rodrick placed his shoes onto Y/N's chair and leaned forward to doodle on his dirty Converse. Y/N drew little stars and hearts on Rodrick's shoes while he wrote their initials. "Mom's getting me new shoes."

"What are you going to do with these ones?" Y/N asked as she started to draw a little ghost.

"I usually give my old shoes to Greg but I kinda want to keep these ones," Rodrick said. "You know, since they're special now."

Y/N smiled at him. "So, does Greg get a lot of your old stuff?" she asked, adding finishing touches to the ghost she had drawn.

"Yeah. He has a lot of my old posters and my old clothes from when Mom used to do my shopping," he told her. "A lot of my old stuff is still in his room because we used to share."

"Really? What was that like?" Y/N asked as she began writing her name along Rodrick's shoe.

"Lame," Rodrick replied. Y/N laughed softly which made Rodrick smile. "We used to have bunk beds."

"Did you used to have the top bunk?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah, but Greg used to fight me for it," he told her. "Like every night before bed we would race into the room and he would try to climb up to the top first. But I always got the top bunk because I'm super strong."

Y/N ruffled his hair and his smile widened. "I'm sure sharing rooms had some highlights though, right?"

"Not really. I mean, what's so great about sharing a room with a loser like Greg?" he asked. Y/N gave him a look and he chuckled. "I'm kidding! It was alright at times. One time, he found my candy stash and we stayed up eating it. It was a school night too."

"You guys are such rebels," Y/N said as she playfully rolled her eyes.

"I know right?" he said, matching her sarcastic attitude. "Anyway, yeah. It was fun at times."

"So, why'd you move into the attic?" she asked as she sketched a little Spider-Man on Rodrick's shoe. He smiled at the doodle.

"Well, I moved into the attic because I wanted my own space. And I wanted to decorate the room how I wanted but Greg was being a little shit and saying he didn't want Gerard Way on the wall so," Rodrick said as he shrugged.

Y/N laughed and Rodrick smiled. "Do you ever miss sharing rooms?" she asked.

"Maybe just a little bit," he said. "But I do enjoy my own space. Plus, now I have several Gerard Way posters on my walls."

Y/N laughed again and Rodrick looked at her fondly. She met his eyes and smiled. He leaned forward and kissed her cheek.

A few minutes later, the bell rang and it was time for lunch.
(favourite time of day tbh)

Rodrick picked up Y/N's things and they made their way to the main locker area.

She unlocked her locker and he piled her things into it. Once she shut it, they started making their way to the cafeteria.

"Lexi, Ben and Barry are outside by the way," Rodrick told Y/N as they grabbed trays and let the lunch lady pile food on to them. Before Y/N could ask why, Rodrick said, "They're freezing their asses off to have a cigarette."