Chapter Ninety: Salem

Y/N woke up because she felt like she was being watched.

When she sat up in Rodrick's bed, she saw Manny standing by the end of the bed. He was just standing there with a smile on his face.

She furrowed her brows and turned to Rodrick who was snoring beside her, his arm wrapped around Lee.

"Rodrick," she muttered as she tapped his arm. He didn't move. "Rodrick."

Y/N jumped slightly when Manny started to crawl onto the bed. She watched as Manny placed a tin foil ball with jagged tooth pick spikes next to Rodrick.

She furrowed her brows when Manny slowly started to roll Rodrick over.

When he was on his back, Rodrick sprang awake. "What the fuck?" he exclaimed when he rubbed his back. He picked up the tin foil ball and threw it across the room.

"Fuck," Manny said.

"Oh, shit. No, don't say that," Rodrick said, pure terror in his eyes.

"Oh, shit," said Manny with a giggle.

"Manny, stop," Rodrick demanded as he continued to rub his back where the ball had stabbed him. "What are you doing here?"

"Mommy said," Manny mumbled.

"Mom said what? Did she tell you to wake us up?" asked Rodrick. Manny nodded. "Okay, well, we're awake now. Go tell her we'll be down soon."

Manny nodded and waddled out of the room.

Rodrick checked his bed for any more tin foil balls before he laid back down and shut his eyes.

"Rodrick," Y/N said gently.

"Hm?" he hummed as he buried his face into his pillows, cuddling with Lee.

"Gift exchange today," she told him.

"Mhm," he mumbled, cuddling into his pillows even more.

"Rodrick." She lightly shook his arm. "You have to take me home so I can get ready."

He sighed. "Okay." He slowly sat up and stretched before he slid out of bed.

Y/N left the room so he could get dressed. She went downstairs to see Manny watching Bluey and Greg playing Roblox with Rowley.

She sat down on the couch with Manny who gave her a hug. "Roddy like my present?" he asked.

"The ball?" she questioned. Manny nodded with a grin. "Yeah, he loved it."

Manny let out a gleeful giggle before facing the TV.

Moments later, Rodrick emerged into the living room, completely ready for the day and equipped with a bunch of wrapped gifts. He swirled his keys around his finger. "Okay, let's go," he said. Lee, who was by his feet, barked in agreement.

"Where are you going?" Greg asked, furrowing his brows.

"To my house. We're doing a gift exchange with Lexi, Ben and Barry later," Y/N replied. Greg nodded.

"Is that Y/N?!" Rowley's voice called from Greg's iPad.

"Yes, Rowley, it's Y/N," Greg mumbled.

"Hi, Y/N!" Rowley exclaimed.

Y/N chuckled softly. "Hi, Rowley," she replied.

"Bye, Rowley," Rodrick said. "Come on, Y/N. Let's go."

She got off the couch and followed him out the door. They climbed into his van and he shifted the gear stick to reverse. He backed out of his driveway before making his way down the street.