Chapter Fifty-One: That's Not Me

Rodrick opened Greg's bedroom door to see him writing in his diary. It was the day after Heather's party and due to all that had happened, Rodrick forgot to ask his brother about Holly. "So did the note work out?" he asked.

Greg looked up from his journal and slowly shook his head. Rodrick felt bad which was very odd. "Alright. Alright. Let's go," he said. "Little bro, I am taking you out."

Greg smiled and got off his bed. He put on a sweater and followed Rodrick down stairs. Their parents were eating dinner with two strangers.

"Oh, and here are my other men," their mother said to the two strangers. "Greg, Rodrick, I'd like you to meet my editors, Mr. Salz and Mrs. Kohan."

"Hi," Greg and Rodrick said politely.

"Nice to meet you," said Mr. Salz.

"Where are you boys off to?" their mom asked.

"Oh, I'm just taking my little brother out for the evening," Rodrick told her with a smile as he clapped Greg's shoulder. "He could use a good time."

"Okay, well, be safe and be home by nine o'clock," said their mom.

Rodrick nodded. "See you," he said to everybody.

Him and Greg walked over to the coat rack and Rodrick grabbed his zip up sweater. Then the two brothers went outside and hopped into Rodrick's van.

They listened to Rodrick's music the whole to a gas station beside the mall, talking here and there.

When they parked outside of the gas station, they jumped out of the van and ran inside.

Rodrick led Greg over to the slushie dispenser and they both poured themselves a large slushie. Then they went over to a counter that had nachos and hotdogs. Greg and Rodrick picked up one hotdog each and put some condiments on it. Greg slathered his in ketchup, of course.

"Mom would kill us if she saw us eating this," Rodrick said. They took a bite of their hotdogs and chewed them in a very impolite manner.

Then they took a sip of their slushies and instantly felt an ache in both of their heads.

"Brain freeze!" they both shouted while laughing.

Rodrick brought Greg up to the front counter and paid for the slushies, hotdogs and the chips and candy before he and Greg walked outside. They began crossing the parking lot to get to his van.

"All I can say is, get ready to have your mind blown," Rodrick said. "We are going to have an epic night." He took a sip of his slushie and stopped by the passenger side of his van. He clutched his stomach. "Oh," he grumbled.

"Are you okay?" Greg asked.

Rodrick leaned into his van and grabbed his fake vomit in the centre console of his van while making fake retching noises. He then turned around and flung the fake vomit in Greg's face. It fell to the pavement with a splat.

"Fake vomit," Rodrick laughed. "You can't beat the classics."

Greg smiled and nodded. "Yeah."

"Hey, I have an idea," Rodrick said with a smirk.

The two of them sat in the bushes by Rodrick's van, snacking on the junk food they got while waiting for the person whom they planted the fake vomit onto their car to come out.

"He's coming," Greg whispered. He and Rodrick peeked through the shrubs to see a man walking towards his car. The man played with his key ring as he made his way to his car. Suddenly, he stopped and let out a scream.