Chapter Fourty: Suspicions

All throughout her day at school, Y/N noticed something. Heather was really touchy with Brad anytime she saw them together. Which was pretty much all the time. Although she hated that Heather and Rodrick were together, she still didn't want their relationship to get ruined by Brad. And so, when she went to Lexi's on that Friday night to sleep over, she asked Lexi what to do.

"I think she's cheating on him," Y/N told her.

"I mean, I don't blame her. It's Rodrick," said Lexi. Y/N gave her a look or disapproval. Lexi sighed. "Sorry."

"We need to find out if she is and then tell him," Y/N said. "But I don't know how we would do it."

"Easy," Lexi smiled as she pulled out her phone and rolled over on her stomach on her bed. Y/N lay beside her, flipping over on her stomach as well. Lexi pulled up instagram and searched up Heather's name. She had a huge following. "What we'll do is see if Brad is following her already."

"Do we have to flick through all of her followers?" Y/N asked. Lexi shook her head and then searched up Brad's name. She followed him before clicking on Heather's profile again.

Lexi laughed. "Ha! He's not even following her."

"So is that a good thing?" Y/N asked.

"Maybe. But she could be following him," Lexi said as she clicked onto Heather's list of people she was following. She wasn't following Brad but there was another person Y/N noticed she wasn't following. Lexi noticed it too. "She's not following Rodrick."

They exchanged a confused glance before turning back to Lexi's phone. "I have an idea," Lexi smirked.

"What's that?" Y/N asked.

"I'm going to hack into Brad's account and message her on Instagram," Lexi explained. "I'm going to flirt with her as Brad and see how she reacts."

"You can hack into people's accounts?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah, it's super easy. I just need an email or a phone number and a password," Lexi said. "Do you still have Brad's number?"

Y/N went onto her phone and flicked through her list of contacts and numbers. Surprisingly, Brad's was still there. She clicked on him and showed Lexi all of his information: his phone number and his email.

Lexi signed out of her account and used Brad's information. "Okay... now a password."

"That's going to take forever," Y/N sighed. "Lexi, I don't think—"

"Wait," said Lexi. "This may be easier than we think, Y/N. Brad is a teenage guy on the football team who's an asshole to women. That really narrows it down." Lexi clicked onto the 'enter password' section and typed: Andrew_Tate123

Y/N's mouth fell open. The password had worked. They were in Brad's account. "You've got to be shitting me," Y/N said in disbelief. "There's no way you got into his account."

Lexi shrugged. "It wasn't too hard. Okay, now. Back to the plan." She went to the search bar and typed in Heather's name and clicked the follow button. "Now we wait. It might take a few minutes so we should get some snacks—"

Lexi's phone went off. It was a notification from Instagram. Heather had followed her back. Or, in Heather's perspective, she had followed Brad back. "That was fast," said Y/N.

"She was probably waiting around all day for him to follow her," Lexi said. "Desperate bitch." She unlocked her phone and went back into Instagram. She clicked on Heather's profile and clicked on the message button.

"What are you going to say?" Y/N asked. "Make sure you can get her to fall for it."

"Y/N, I know my way around girls," said Lexi.

Brad (Lexi): Hey, gorgeous
Heather: Hi, Brad😉

"Ew, ew, ew," Lexi said. "She used the wink emoji un ironically. Ew, ew, ew." She shook her head and typed a response.

Brad (Lexi): You busy? Or is that boyfriend of yours keeping you away from me?
Heather: No, don't worry. He's not. I don't even like him

Lexi and Y/N glanced at each other before returning their attention to Lexi's phone.

Brad (Lexi): Then why are you still with him?
Heather: 🤷🏼‍♀️
Heather: Isn't it obvious?
Brad (Lexi): What?
Heather: I like you dumbass
Brad (Lexi): Oh really?
Heather: Yeah
Brad (Lexi): And how does your boyfriend feel about this?
Heather: He doesn't know. And he won't ever have to know
Brad (Lexi): Why not just break up with him?
Heather: Because he'll be a bitchy baby about it

"I swear to god, I will rip off your fake lashes," Lexi uttered under breath.

Brad (Lexi): So you want to see me without him knowing?
Heather: Yeah😏

"Ew, ew, ew," Lexi said. "I'm going to repeatedly bang my head against the wall if she sends one more fucking emoji."

Brad (Lexi): I'm up for that, beautiful
Heather: Good. You can come to my house after school on Monday
Brad (Lexi): Sounds good to me ;)

Lexi turned off her phone and looked at Y/N. "That fucking whore," she said.

"So I was right," Y/N whispered. "Lexi, we have to tell Rodrick."

"Wait until Monday," Lexi told her. "When her and Brad leave the school we'll tell Rodrick and then we'll all confront them about it."

Y/N nodded. She wanted to tell Rodrick now but a part of her wanted to see the look on Heather's face when they exposed her.