Chapter 22 Phoenix Intention

I like this piano

Chen Yao and Xiu Zhi'an's home is in a wealthy villa area not far from their old residence.

Probably the houses of the rich were all similar. Ran Dongling found that the houses here were similar to old houses. They were all single-family villas with gardens.

Chen Yao knew they were coming today, so he postponed his work and deliberately stayed at home.

When they got off the car, Chen Yao was already waiting for the door with Chen Mao in his arms.

Chen Mao was particularly quiet when he was holding her today. She lay obediently in his arms, her big tail wagging from time to time.

Seeing a stranger coming, its squinted golden eyes suddenly widened, and its little head moved forward.

"Hello, Xiaoling, come here to see Xiu Mao?" Chen Yao grabbed one of Chen Mao's paws and greeted him.

Ran Dongling came closer and saw Chen Mao's face clearly. He thought of Hei Wuchang when he saw the photo yesterday.

Today, I saw that Chen Mao really looked like Hei Wuchang. Not only did he look similar, but his eyes were also golden. However, Chen Mao was not as fat as Hei Wuchang.

He shook his head and corrected Chen Yao: "It's called Chen Mao, not Xiu Mao."

"Isn't that Xiu Mao? This cat has two names. You can call it Chen Mao or Xiu Mao, right? Xiu Mao ."

Chen Mao's ears twitched when he heard the word Chen Mao, but had no reaction when he heard the word Xiu Mao.

Ran Dongling said oh, then stared at Chen Mao, and Chen Mao also stared at him. One person and one cat were competing at the door to see whose eyes were bigger.

Chen Mao looked at him for a long time, broke away from Chen Yao's arms, and meowed at Ran Dongling's feet.

Ran Dongling wore a pair of light-colored trousers today, which were stuck to him, and there was a lot of cat hair on the edges of the trouser legs.

"Tsk, cat, you guys come in first. Your brother An should be cooking soon."

Xiu Zhi'an was still busy in the kitchen. They were the only ones living in the villa. Chen Yao thought it was inconvenient to have someone at home, so he didn't invite him to cook. Auntie Fan only hired a cleaning lady to come and clean once a week.

He cooked several home-cooked dishes today, including steamed sea bass, crispy duck, braised pork ribs and stewed potatoes, fried prawns, three fresh mushroom soup, and a plate of tender green fried rape flowers.

The desserts he promised to make for Ran Dongling included mango mousse and coconut milk red bean paste, which he kept for after dinner.

Ran Dongling feels that the rice cooked by Brother An is magical and every dish is extremely delicious.

Xiu Zhi'an saw that every dish he ate was delicious, except that he had never eaten shrimps. He was afraid that the dishes were not to his taste, so he asked him worriedly: "Xiao Ling doesn't like shrimps?"

Ran Dongling was still nibbling. Duck legs, mouth empty, shook his head at him.

Xiu Zhi'an couldn't tell at once whether he didn't like to eat or didn't mean not to eat.

After finishing eating the duck legs, Ran Dongling said: "I like it, but no one peels the shells for me."

Before he ate shrimps, his father and brother would peel them for him, so he could eat them directly. He had never peeled the shells himself. Now he didn't know what to do with a plate of unshelled shrimps.

It turns out that it's not that I don't like shrimps, so Xiu Zhi'an can rest assured.

Chen Yao, who was peeling the shells for Xiu Zhian, heard this and peeled two for him.

Ran Dongling looked at the extra shrimps on the plate and felt embarrassed to pick them up. He felt that it would not be good for Brother An to ask his husband to peel them for him.

And he can't eat food from other people's husbands.

Shelling should only be done by people with close relationships.

The relationship is close, yes, then let his future husband do it for him.

"Brother Qiu Ci, help me peel the shells. I want to eat shrimps."

Qiu Ci was slightly stunned. Seeing that the two shrimps Chen Yao peeled for him were left untouched by the plate, he found a pair of disposable gloves for him. Peel the shell.

His fingers are white and slender with well-defined joints. He is praised by fans as the hands of gods. At this time, these hands are peeling shrimps. He peels shrimps as if he is doing some art. After peeling them, he puts them on Ran Dongling's plate. Separate from the shrimp peeled by Chen Yao.

Ran Dongling dared to eat shrimp now. The fried shrimps were very delicious. He took one bite and ate them to his heart's content.

Chen Yao has also known Qiu Ci for several years, and this is the first time he has seen him being so spoiled to others, carrying him on his back and stripping him off whenever he wants.

I can only sigh in my heart that love can indeed change a man.

After lunch, Ran Dongling left the lobby on the first floor with hatred. When he entered, he noticed the piano.

He had seen someone else play it on TV before. It must be some kind of musical instrument. He tried pressing the black and white keys a few times, and the sound produced by each key was different.

Press the black and white keys from beginning to end, and the piano will make a smooth sound.

He seemed to have discovered something interesting and was eager to share it with Qiu Ci.

"Brother Qiu Ci, look."

Qiu Ci can play the piano.

He sat down on the piano bench and played "Wind and Flowers" to Ran Dongling.

"Wind" is a movie he made. The movie tells the story of a young and promising pianist who suffered an accident. He became deaf and despaired of all thoughts. He wanted to return to the place where he lived when he was young and end his life. On the way, he discovered the true meaning of the piano to him.

"Wind and Flowers" is the song played by the pianist at the end, with a warm and cheerful melody.

Ran Dongling has never seen the movie, but she can only tell that this piano music makes people feel happy.

After Qiu Ci finished playing, he said, "Brother Qiu Ci, I can also play the piano."

"Really?"

Qiu Ci didn't look like he could play the piano just now.

"It's not this kind of harp, it's...a guqin? I don't know if there is one here."

The ancient harp should be called guqin.

Xiu Zhi'an came to them with desserts and heard Ran Dongling say, "Chen Yao seems to have a guqin." Although Chen Yao

couldn't play, he did have one. It was a new piano he bought when he was looking for inspiration.

Xiu Zhi'an found the dusty guqin in the piano room and wiped it clean.

Ran Dongling learned his piano skills from his father. He put on his finger cots and played "Forest Song" for them.

He didn't expect that he could really play the guqin. Seeing how skillfully he played the guqin, Chen Yao was surprised, "Xiao Ling, how long have you been learning the guqin?"

"Well... it's been five or six years."

Ran Dongling liked this guqin very much. It was the most familiar thing he had seen in modern times, and asked Chen Yao if he could give it to him.

Chen Yao's piano is just a new piano, and the quality of the materials is by no means good.

"I know a friend who specializes in making guqin and zither. If Xiaoling wants it, I'll go find him and customize one for you."

Ran Dongling said dullly, "But I don't have money."

A good piano is required. It costs a lot of money. If it is customized by someone, wouldn't it be even more expensive?

He could see that the workmanship and materials of Chen Yao's piano were not good, so he dared to ask him for it.

"What are you afraid of? Your brother Qiu Ci has plenty of money. It doesn't matter if he buys seven or eight of them... Ouch... what's the matter." Chen Yao smiled evilly at Ran Dongling and was poked in the elbow by Xiu Zhian beside him.

The friend Chen Yao was talking about was in a hidden shop in the old city. The decoration outside was still from the Republic of China period. Decades had made his appearance look very shabby, and even the sign on the door was crooked. .

Chen Yao explained to them that his friend's piano-making skills had been passed down from generation to generation, and it had been passed down to sixteen generations now.

It just doesn't have much reputation, and the price of the pianos it sells is much higher than other places, so not many people come to patronize it.

But what Qin did was really good.

The decoration inside the store is still in the style of the Republic of China. Ran Dongling walked into the store and found that the place inside was not big, and there were not many guqins and zithers on display, only a few.

"You kid, you brought someone to trick me again." An old man with a white beard walked out from behind the counter. He was quite happy to see someone coming in. When he saw Chen Yao walking in behind him, his white beard trembled.

The custom-made piano took too long to make, so Qiu Ci asked Ran Dongling if he wanted to pick one first.

Ran Dongling looked at the pianos one by one, and stopped when he saw the last one.

The old man with a white beard smiled when he saw him stop there. Chen Yao went over to take a look and saw the price bar next to him.

Good guy, more than half a million.

The old man said with a smile: "You kid is discerning and knows how to play the piano. The Phoenix is ​​my favorite work. It took me two years just to find the right materials."

Ran Dongling didn't understand the piano. He stopped in front of Fenghuang Yi simply because Fenghuang Yi was good-looking and he fell in love with it at first sight.

"Brother Qiu Ci, I like this piano."

Ran Dongling looked at Qin with bright eyes. It was rare to see him liking the same thing.

Of course the hatred must satisfy him.

The piano that had been kept for several years was finally bought. The old man was very happy. For the first time, he felt that Chen Yao had not tricked him.

When paying, Ran Dongling saw Qiu Ci take a card and swipe it on the black box.

?

He couldn't wrap his head around it. Shouldn't people here pay with banknotes?