Chapter 64 Happy New Year

When the cookie came to his mouth, Qiu Ci had no time to hesitate and ate it anyway.

The biscuits felt wrong when they were eaten, and the taste after chewing them was even more indescribable. Qiu Ci frowned as he ate them.

The servant waited for him to swallow and handed him the water that had been prepared.

Qiu Ci drank several times of water before suppressing the taste in his mouth. He didn't know what kind of biscuits he just ate.

Crisp and sour, with a bit of chocolate bitterness.

Qiu Ci now knew what Xiu Zhi'an's incomprehensible words meant.

Ran Dongling was still holding the biscuit that he had taken a bite of. Qiu Ci saw that his hands were stained a little black and couldn't help but ask what he was thinking, "Why are the biscuits sour?" Why are the

biscuits sour? Yes, Ran Dongling doesn't know either!

He made it according to the method Xiao An told him. He did every step and did it correctly, but the biscuits were sour.

He was right, something must have gone wrong.

Qiu Ci gestured to the servants with an expression to ask them to speak. One of the servants lowered his head and whispered: "Second Young Master, Xiao-Xiao Ling didn't ask us to help him this afternoon. He cooked it himself in the kitchen, so we didn't do it either." You know why."

She then told Qiu Ci what happened that afternoon.

Ran Dongling chatted with Xiu Zhi'an in the afternoon, and Xiu Zhi'an took a picture of the chocolate cookies she made to show him, which made Ran Dongling want to make them too.

Xiu Zhian sent him a tutorial, which looked very simple.

Ran Dongling came to the kitchen. After the chef prepared the ingredients for him, he felt that he was too clumsy in making cookies and didn't want others to see him, so he locked himself in the kitchen and tinkered all afternoon.

The chef and servants were driven out of the door by him and did not dare to leave, worried about his cooking skills.

Sure enough, their worries were right. After waiting for more than an hour, a smell of paste came from the kitchen. Ran Dongling was the only one in there. Fearing that something might happen to him, the chef and the servants broke in directly and closed the oven before it exploded. Power went off.

This is why Qiu Ci smelled something burnt at the door.

Hearing this, his heart skipped a beat and he glanced at Ran Dongling lightly.

Ran Dongling was fine, his hair was neat, his face was tender, and his clothes were the same ones he wore this morning, which were still clean.

The servant went on to say that the biscuits in the oven were burnt and could not be eaten, but Ran Dongling had made a lot, and the remaining dough could still make a plate.

This time the chef didn't dare to let him stay alone in the kitchen. They watched Ran Dongling print out the shapes of the cookies, place them neatly on the baking sheet one by one, and then put them in the oven to adjust the time and temperature.

The time and temperature are just right. The cookies baked this time are not burnt, but the color is almost burnt.

The chef picked up a cookie and took a closer look. It was obviously chocolate color before it went into the oven, but it turned black when it was baked.

Ran Dongling thinks this color is normal. It was the same color last time he fried poached eggs.

He shared a piece of the freshly baked biscuits with everyone present, including his grandfather and the housekeeper who passed by the kitchen after playing chess.

Grandpa ate it too? !

Qiu Ci didn't see his grandfather when he came back, and the housekeeper was nowhere to be seen.

"Ahem, Xiao Ci is back, let's start dinner."

Qiu Zhenghao's voice came from behind. Qiu Ci turned his head and saw that his face was as normal, so he probably hadn't eaten any biscuits.

Qiu Zhenghao sat down at his seat. Seeing that Qiu Ci was still looking at him, he said angrily: "Look what I'm doing, I didn't eat it. This biscuit has chocolate in it. I can't eat it." "

Grandpa, I won't make it tomorrow without chocolate. " Once." Ran Dongling beside him said.

The housekeeper explained to him with a smile, "The doctor has told me that I can't eat sweets."

"Oh." Well, it seems that grandpa has no appetite and can't eat the biscuits he made.

I thought Ran Dongling was just making biscuits on a whim, but Qiu Ci returned to his old house the next day. As soon as he walked in, he had a biscuit on his lips.

This time the biscuits were still sour, but the color and taste were better than yesterday's. There should be a chef on hand to guide him.

After eating sour biscuits for two days in a row, Qiu Ci understood that Guaiguai was using them as a poison test.

There were a few cookies left on the table, and the servants packed them one by one in exquisite packaging bags to make them look less scary.

Ran Dongling said that anyone who wants to eat can take it, and he will make it after eating.

Throughout the afternoon, the biscuits were placed on the plate one after another.

"Have you ever eaten it yourself?" Qiu Ci took a biscuit, opened it and fed it to Ran Dongling.

"I've eaten it!" Of course Ran Dongling had eaten it. The first biscuit he baked was eaten by himself. Perhaps because it was a biscuit made by himself, his evaluation of the biscuits had a hundred layers of filters.

He felt that the chocolate biscuits he made were indeed a bit sour, but apart from the sour taste, they were almost the same as ordinary biscuits, and they tasted crunchy and not bad.

So he didn't avoid it at all. He took one bite and it was crunchy and crispy.

Qiu Ci: On the second day, Qiu Ci deliberately didn't go to the company. He wanted to stay at home and watch how Ran Dongling made cookies for the past two days.

Who knew that when Ran Dongling saw him staying at home, he didn't want to make cookies anymore, so he stuck to him and pestered him.

The two of them were stuck together like two pieces of sticky cake. Ran Dongling said softly: "Brother Qiu Ci, the New Year is almost here." "

Huh? What's wrong?"

"Do we have any juniors in our family? Should I prepare New Year's money for them?" "

In the first year of marriage, brides in the Yun Dynasty prepare New Year's money for the younger generations of their husband's family. Ran Dongling doesn't know if this custom exists in modern times.

If so, how much new year's money should he prepare?

Too little will make him look stingy.

He is very, very, very rich now. If there are not many juniors, he can give one hundred thousand to one person.

Only married couples with children in the enemy family are required to give red envelopes to their juniors. Newcomers like Ran Dongling, who join the enemy family, not only do not need to give red envelopes, but they can also receive red envelopes.

"No, you can prepare a bag for red envelopes. It's better to be bigger." Qiu Ci was afraid that he would receive too many red envelopes and his pocket would not be able to fit them.

On New Year's Eve, the old house was full of New Year's excitement. The servants were busy downstairs, but the second floor was quiet.

Ran Dongling hugged Qiu Ci and slept like a fragrant pig, but was suddenly woken up by the sound of firecrackers.

His brain was awake but his eyes were not awake. His big misty eyes opened for an instant and slowly closed. He slid down gropingly, took out Qiu Ci's hand from holding him, and covered his ears.

This method of "covering one's ears and stealing the bell" was of no use at all. The sound of firecrackers exploded once in a while, and then exploded again intermittently, reaching his ears intermittently, and seemed to be mixed with the noise of children.

Who is so noisy...

He pushed Qiu Ci hard and muttered: "Well, brother Qiu Ci, it's so noisy outside. Go out and have a look."

Qiu Ci was also upset after hearing this. He must be from the old Wang family next door. several grandchildren.

He got up softly, helped Ran Dongling tuck in the quilt before walking out of the room, standing by the railing of the hall on the second floor and looking down.

What he thought was indeed correct. There were several five or six-year-old children on the first floor stepping on balloons. A child in red clothes was holding a long string of balloons in his hands, and a group of children were chasing him behind him.

The servants watched without moving. These children were brought back by Qiu Zhenghao, and they were the little bullies in the family. They could not stop the children from disturbing others.

The sound of popping balloons sounds like the sound of firecrackers.

It was originally a very festive sound today, but Qiu Ci wanted to punch someone when he heard it.

He walked down the stairs and as the group of children passed him, he casually mentioned a child.

The child who was mentioned was the one holding the balloons. The children following him saw this and stood still, daring not to move.

The child knew that he had disturbed others, but he was not afraid. He said carelessly, "Brother, my mother said that children who are older than the Chinese New Year cannot be spanked." "

Huh?" Qiu Ci raised an eyebrow.

"And I'm someone else's child, so you can't hit me. I'll make you cry." He would also threaten people.

Qiu Ci smiled, thinking that the child was so innocent and cute.

Five minutes later, the servant led a group of children out of the old house and sent them home.

They lined up obediently, holding unpopped balloons in their hands. Everyone's face was stained with tears and snot, and they touched their buttocks as they walked.

After Qiu Ci finished educating the children, he returned upstairs and found that Ran Dongling had gotten up by himself.

He sat on the bed with his mouth flat and looked like he was about to cry.

Qiu Ci hurried over to coax him, "Hey, dear, where do you feel uncomfortable?"

Ran Dongling didn't feel comfortable anywhere.

Brother Qiu Ci didn't know if it was because he hadn't touched a man in more than 20 years, but now that he did, he would coax himself to do those things every few days.

His little body couldn't bear it.

He said aggrievedly: "Brother Qiu Ci, we have to be more restrained in the future. This kind of thing can only happen once a month."

Once a month is impossible.

Qiu Ci bargained with him, but Ran Dongling was not as smart as him. He was still confused when he just got up, so he somehow agreed to him eighteen times a month.

In the evening, Lin Yuan and the others came back. No one went on vacation this year. In order to celebrate Ran Dongling becoming a member of their family, the family went back to their old house to celebrate the New Year.

The Qiu family does not have the custom of staying up late on New Year's Eve. After the New Year's Eve dinner, the whole family should do whatever they want.

Qiu's father went to the study to deal with work matters. Lin Yuan was chatting on the phone with his parents' family. Qiu Zhenghao took Qiu Li to who knows where. Only Qiu Ci and Ran Dongling were left in the living room.

It seems a little too early to go back to the house to sleep now. Ran Dongling is not sleepy yet, and he wants to stay up late.

Every year in the past, he had not kept it completely, and always fell asleep on someone's lap halfway through. This year, he wanted to keep it completely.

The Spring Festival Gala program on TV made people drowsy after watching it. Ran Dongling stayed up until half past eleven, and his eyelids could no longer hold on.

"Want to go out and play?" Qiu Ci suddenly asked him.

No, it looks so cold outside, and it's so late... Ran Dongling thought of something.

"Brother Qiu Ci, can we go out to set off fireworks?"

Qiu Ci smiled and shook his head, "No."

Domestic cities prohibit the setting off of fireworks.

Ran Dongling finally followed him out. This time he just walked outside and they came to the small garden.

It was really cold outside. Ran Dongling was temporarily pulled out by him. He only wore a hat and scarf and forgot to wear gloves. He had to put his hands in Qiu Ci's pockets and use Qiu Ci's hands to keep warm.

"Brother Qiu Ci, why are we out here?"

"I'm out to set off fireworks for you."

"But didn't you just say you can't set off fireworks?"

Qiu Ci made a booing gesture, "Hush, let's set them off secretly."

"Oh." Ran Dongling immediately lowered his movements and repeated in a breathy voice, "Brother Qiu Ci, let's release it secretly." Qiu Ci

took out a box of fairy sticks from somewhere. There were twelve fairy sticks in it. Pull out a long, thin strip from inside and use a lighter to light the fairy wand.

The top of the strip glowed slightly red, then suddenly lit up, and small fireworks bloomed in front of Ran Dongling's eyes.

"Wow, so beautiful, these are little fireworks."

The burning time of a fairy stick is nine seconds, short but brilliant.

Ran Dongling lit one in his left hand and one in his right. When the previous one was about to be lit, he immediately connected to the next one.

Qiu Ci watched him play with gentle eyes and stood at the wind outlet to help him block the wind.

When the eleventh fairy stick was halfway burning, cheers came from the surrounding houses, someone shouted Happy New Year, and there was the sound of popping balloons. It was already a new year.

"Brother Qiu Ci, I've finished watching the New Year!" He can finally sleep!

Snowflakes were falling in the sky, Qiu Ci picked up the last fairy stick and lit it.

Fairy sticks crackled and burned in the snow.

This is their first New Year, and there will be many New Years to come.

"Be good."

"Huh?"

"Happy New Year."

"Brother Qiu Ci—Happy New Year!"