Y1V7.5:Partners.

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka.

At first glance he's nothing more than a gloomy loner who spends most of his time alone or tagging alone with Horikita-san but that's only what he's like on the surface,beyond that he's a cold and calculating person who uses people like tools to achieve his goals,he hides his abilities from everyone and avoids attention as much as possible and he's ridiculously good in a fight.

I know all that because he's used me thoroughly ever since what happened on the cruise ship,I was so attached to him I couldn't even see it yet today somethings feels different,it's like I woke up from a dream to see reality and all I felt was anger,anger and disappointment.

Angry at him for lying to me all this time and disappointed in myself for being so stupid.

Why was I realising all this now? What changed? Yesterday, I was bullied mercilessly by Ryuen and his lackeys on that rooftop,Kiyotaka saved me just like he promised, but he was too late,something changed in me after that.

A lot of time has passed since and today was time for our double date,it couldn't have come at a worse time as I was really hoping not to see Kiyotaka for a while after what happened but I somehow managed to get through it.

Now I was hiding in the bushes like a stalker watching Satou-san confess her feelings to him,I was honestly worried about her I didn't want him to use her like he used me which is why I'm in this unfortunate situation right now.

He ended up turning her down and answering a cryptic phone call right after that. Well, now is my chance to make it out of here undetected.

"You're going to get a cold if you stay in there too long."

He saw me. Of course, he had to see me.

I reluctantly left my hiding spot to confront him.

"Why did you turn her down?"

"It's simple. I don't have feelings for her."

"Was that true? You never had romantic feelings for anyone ever?"

"Yes, I've never felt that way about anyone,but more importantly, why were you hiding there?"

"I suppose lying to you would be useless. I was worried you would use Satou-san or hurt her, so I followed you. "

"I see."

A long, awkward silence filled the air after that I was about to break the silence, but then.

"How are you feeling? I got this for you because I thought you might catch a cold, but it seems I was wrong."

He took a plastic bag out and gave it to me upon looking inside. I found different types of cold medicine.

"I'm feeling fine, thanks,"

I replied coldly, but he honestly deserved it.

"Did you feel it?"

"Huh?"

"You changed on after that day, didn't you?"

"How did you -"

I stopped myself midway through because I realised this was a stupid question ofcouse he knew.

"Do you understand what changed?"

"No... not fully"

"You're not a parasite anymore,you should be able to survive on your own from now on. Now that I've dealt with Ryuen and my motivation to reach class A is gone, I wouldn't need your help anymore either."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you're free. Go enjoy the rest of your high school life. "

He started to walk away, but for some reason, I wasn't satisfied.

"Wait!"

He stopped without looking back and waited for me to speak.

"What about you?"

"I have one more thing to take care of,I owe the student council president a favour,after that, I'll go back to laying low."

"I want to help."

Help? What am I saying? I was so angry at him but now I'm offering to help him...

"Help? I told you you're free, why would you want to help?"

"Because I want to understand you. I feel like we're not as different as it would seem. I mean, I used Hirata the same way you used me, "

I started to look down in guilt, but it was true I toom advantage of Hiratas good nature and used him to protect myself.

"I see."

Another awkward silence.

"But this time, I want it to be different."

"Different?"

He glanced back at me as he asked that.

"Yes. I want us to work as partners. I don't want to be used like last time."

"Partners, huh?"

He stopped speaking for a moment,he seemed to be thinking it over.

"Sure if that's what you want."

Huh? That's it? That felt really anticlimactic, but at least he accepted?

"That phone call you made,you arranged to meet someone that's about your favour, right?"

"Yes, and I'm going to be late if I don't hurry up."

"Take me with you."

"Let's go then,"

And so we went to meet up with his contact to discuss the favour he owed the Student Council. I was surprised he let me tag along so easily, but I was also happy about the possibility of working together as partners.