Volume 1:Part 8

The next day went by in a flash,we Horikita called Nanase so they could properly exchange contact information, but she didn't have any news about Hosen yet.

Amasawa didn't show up to the meeting place, I waited there for over an hour, but still nothing, it was a humiliating experience. The worst part was the fact that I didn't even know how too cook,Horikita simply recommended me out of nowhere,she insisted that Amasawa would show up eventually so she asked me to visit her room so she could teach me how to cook this was getting way more troublesome than I could've thought but I simply agreed.

The school day itself was pretty mundane,it seemed our class wasn't concerned about the exam at all since Horikita said she'd take care of arranging the pairs they all put their trust in her and decided to do nothing,I heard from Yousuke that some people were even skipping out on the study groups.

Kei also didn't do anything unusual it seems whatever was bothering her yesterday was gone now,or she simply stopped thinking about it. I wanted to ask her about it but decided to do it another time.

It was now 6 pm, and I was reluctantly making my way over to Horikita's room. Thankfully, no one saw me.

"You're late."

Those were the first words she said to me after opening the door.

"I'm only 4 minutes late."

"You're still late."

She coerced me into agreeing to cook for Amasawa, then forced me to get lessons from her and proceeded to reprimand me for being a few minutes late...

"Just sit on the bed. I'm still preparing."

She complained about my punctuality, but she wasn't even ready...

I decided to check my phone and see if anything important came up,but it was mostly just a few messages from the Ayanokoji group. They had arranged their own private study group with Keisei, which meant he had to take care of 2 study groups since he was also helping Kushida and Yousuke. The messages were discussing what they'd learn in the next session, and then Airi asked if I'll be able to make it since I've missed every session so far due to how busy I've been with Horikita's issues, I replied letting them know I probably won't make since I was still helping Horikita. Airi and Haruke seemed disappointed, but Akito wished me luck.

Surprisingly, however, I didn't get a message from Kei yet. I'll try to message her when I'm done here.

"Okay, let's go."

Horikita was finally finished.

She wanted to start from the basics by teaching me the names and uses for every tool in her kitchen, but I already knew that from my training at the white room, so I told her to skip over it.

She ended up teaching me more obscure tricks and made me watch her cook so I could see exactly how it's done. She would even yell at me whenever she thought I wasn't paying attention or when I did something she deemed wrong or unnecessary,she was quite strict.

I stayed there for almost two hours but had to leave before curfew,I did manage to learn a fair bit but I can't say it was really necessary since it wasn't difficult or expensive to get food from the cafeteria,Keyaki Mall or the convenience store.

I made my way back to my room and decided to text Kei. She immediately called me instead of responding to my text. Apparently, she was out with some friends and made it back at roughly the same time I did. She ended up telling me all about her day before asking about mine. I told her about Horikita's cooking lessons, and she found it quite amusing to imagine, but I avoided mentioning Amasawa. We spent longer than I'd expected on the phone but eventually decided to call it a day and go to bed.

The rest of the school week was not much different,I went to class in the morning where nothing eventful happened, and then I attended Horikita's cooking lessons after school and had a phone call with Kei before I went to sleep,that same routine happened all week until Saturday.

Things changed on Saturday because out of nowhere, Amasawa finally appeared.

In front of my room.