Volume 1:Part 15

After waking up, I went through my usual routine, then left my room and started walking towards the school building.

It was a pretty normal day until someone walked up to me.

It was Nanase Tsubasa.

"Good morning, Ayanokoji-senpai."

"Morning Nanase."

I glanced at her through the corners of my eyes but kept walking forward.

"I need to speak with you."

"About?"

"A secret special exam the first years are taking part in."

A secret special exam?

"I'm listening."

"Shortly after we started school, here four individuals were called into the student council office. Ishigami Kyo,Yagami Takuya,Utomiya Riku, and Ofcourse Hosen-kun. They were all either leaders or someone who took initiative in classes A,B,C, and D, respectively,They were all told about a secret special exam that only the leaders and one other person they trusted can take part in."

I had no way of knowing if what Nanase was saying was the truth, but I continued to listen.

"The objective of this special exam was to get Ayanokoji Kiyotaka from class 2-D expelled. The reward was 20 million private points to whoever manages to complete this exam. This sounds ridiculous, but there's a reason they all believed it. Not only was the exam announced by student council president Nagumo himself, but another man was there with him. That man was someone in charge of coming up with ideas for all the special exams that we participate in and also working to arrange the items necessary to conduct the exams. For example, during this exam, he's the one who decided the rules and hired professionals to write the tests."

What she was saying did match up with my assumptions. As soon as I heard the rules to this exam, I assumed someone working at the school, specifically someone who manages the special exams,had to be an agent for that man. However,if Nanase was a white room student, she'd know I already figured that part out, which means she wouldn't be at any disadvantage if she told me, and she could potentially gain my trust.

"He said that this special exam is conducted to test the difficulty of getting another student expelled, especially if they're from another grade. He also said you were chosen at random, but after what I've seen, I find that hard to believe."

If Nanase wasn't lying, then I would have to assume there's at least 8 if not more students trying to get me expelled. But they were all distractions. Made to allow the white room student to move around freely.

"What was his name?"

"The man who issued this special exam was called director Tsukishiro."

"I see. Thanks for your help."

Nanase bowed her head to me and walked away. I also noticed she couldn't even look me in the eye once this whole time, but she kept glancing at my hand. Did she feel guilty?

Director Tsukishiro was clearly someone I had to watch out for.