Volume 1:Part 6

After our break ended, the rest of class D made it back into the classroom so we could continue our day. Sudo and Horikita, in particular, were visibly irritated, probably still thinking about Hosen, but Kei was also glancing in my direction every now and then.

As soon as our day ended, Horikita got up and started speaking to me.

"What happened with Hosen was really unfortunate it poses a problem to my plan."

So her was indeed to partner up with class 1-D like I thought, but she wasn't wrong. Hosen's existence makes that plan significantly harder.

"The key is that girl, Nanase."

She nodded in agreement with what I said.

"We have to make contact with her and try to work something out. We should go now before she leaves the school."

"No need to hurry she gave me her number so I can contact her. Apparently, she also wants to cooperate with us."

She sat back down and started thinking while everyone around was leaving the class. Kei and Haruka both looked in my direction but decided to leave when they saw that I was still sitting down and talking with Horikita.

"We should contact her and try to meet up somewhere. Let's take Sudo with us."

"Sudo-kun? Why would he need him for this?"

"He wants to help. You should let him."

"He needs to focus on studying."

She was insistent.

"You're underestimating his dedication to you. He won't slack off on studying."

She sighed and eventually nodded her head.

"If you insist, then fine, but if he ends up failing, you'll need to take responsibility."

I'm not sure what she wanted me to do in the case Sudo does fail, but I just nodded my head to satisfy her.

I glanced at Sudo, who was the only one left in the classroom apart from us, and ushered him to come closer.

He looked ecstatic and came over to us instantly.

"What's up, Suzune? Ayanokoji?"

"We need your help,we're meeting that first year girl from today."

"Sure, I'm in. Let's go."

He was willing to do anything as long as it helped Horikita,she's been silent so far but finally spoke up.

"Thanks for your help, Sudo-kun."

He pumped his fist up in the air before shooting a look that said thanks.

We gathered our stuff and made it out of the building and headed towards Keyaki Mall. I took my phone out to contact Nanse and saw multiple messages from Kei.

<Are you okay? The girls are telling me that some scary first was arguing with Horikita and Sudo, and apparently, you were also there??>

So that's why she's been glancing at me in class.

<I'm fine. I didn't really get involved. I'll call you tonight.>

With that, I typed in the number Nanase gave me and called her.

"Hello, who is this?"

"Nanase?"

"Yes, that's me."

She had an odd way of phrasing things, but i decided not to comment on that.