Volume 1:Part 12

The meeting day finally arrived, I walked out of school together with Horikita and Sudo, who insisted on coming along, we were supposed to meet at the Karaoke place a little over an hour from now.

"How are you feeling?"

I decided to ask Horikita to see what she was thinking.

"Nervous. Even though I plan to stand my ground and not give him a single point, I'm still not stupid enough to underestimate Hosen-kun. I'm keeping my guard up the entire time."

That was smart. Last year, Horikita would've been too arrogant to acknowledge her opponents, but now she analysed Hosen and deduced the difference in skill and strength between them while still not backing to ensure her class gets by this exam.

"Don't worry, Suzune. I won't let that brat hurt you."

"Don't lose your cool, Sudo-kun, I mean it."

"I promise. I'm only here to make sure you're safe. I won't break your trust."

Sudo and Horikita had both grown significantly since last year, and they're almost unrecognisable.

"Did you do what I asked Horikita?"

"Yes, it was a strange request, but I did tell Nanase about the existence of protection points like you asked me."

"That's good."

"I won't bother asking why since I know you won't cooperate. Instead, I'll ask if you've been studying?"

"Sure. Why?"

"I don't want any excuses when you lose."

Even though she said that with confidence, part of her was still uneasy.

"Lose what?"

"Ayanokoji-kun and I have a bet. Don't worry about it."

Sudo decided not to pry any further. We finally made it to our destination and went in. The three of us moved to a booth near the back of the place and ordered drinks. we ended up chatting about trivial topics and discussing class matters while Sudo was singing.

The meeting time finally arrived, and yet no one was there. Horikita called Nanase but received no response. We waited for over 20 minutes,Sudo was clearly irritated but didn't say a word, and just when we were about to leave, someone came in.

"I'm extremely sorry for the day, Horikita-senpai. I humbly bow to you and ask for forgiveness."

Nanase was as strange as ever. She bowed her head in front of Horikita before looking up and greeting Sudo and I.

Hosen, on the other hand, was standing right behind her with an irritated expression on his face. He clearly didn't want to be here.

"Let's get this over with quickly."

He sat down and raised his feet on the table, pointing them in Horikita's face. Horikita looked unbothered, but annoying her wasn't his intention his target was Sudo, and his provocations were clearly working.

Hosen smirked at Sudo and completely ignored me. I decided to just observe him and Nanase the entire time. I tried to memorise everything they did from their facial expressions to their body movements and even the slightest tension in their muscles.

"100,000 points per pair. That's my one and only offer."

"I'm afraid that won't work. I'm not willing to pay a single point."

"Then I'm done here."

Hosen tried to get up, but Horikita didn't back down.

"You can play tough all you want, but someone who cares about private points this much won't be satisfied when his class misses out on every single point for the next three months. You say we need you, but the truth is you need us too. Even if your class won't be expelled, you'll lose out on so many opportunities during this first semester while the other classes simply keep moving forward,if you don't accept my offer of cooperation your chances of ever making it to class A will disappear with your first 2 weeks at this school not to mention the personal repercussions you'll receive for antagonising us."