Volume 4.5:Part 5

I went back to my room and tried to rest for a while until I heard a knock on the door again.

Everyone looked surprised since it was somewhat late, but Ike got up to answer the door.

"Sorry for coming here so late. May I borrow Ayanokoji-kun for a moment?"

Upon hearing my name, I looked towards the door and saw Hiyori standing there with a warm smile. Everyone was confused about why she was here and why she wanted to speak to me, so I got up and left with her to avoid all the questions.

"Sorry for bothering you, Ayanokoji-kun. I wanted your help with something."

I nodded at her, and we kept walking. Eventually, I started hearing a familiar voice. It was Katsuragi, he sounded like he was arguing.

"Are you just gonna sit there and do whatever Ryuen tells you?"

"Of course not. If I believe Ryuen makes a bad decision, I will speak up. However, I don't plan to start some sort of rebellion like you seem to expect. Ryuen is the class leader, and I respect that."

"What a joke. Ryuen doesn't deserve to be a leader in the first place."

The other person speaking was Tokito, who was also from Ryuen's class.

"You should take control. If you lead our class, we might actually have a chance."

Katsuragi looked irritated.

"I already told you. If you have any complaints, then I will hear you out and do my best to speak to Ryuen. However, I will not betray him or my class."

Tokito clicked his tongue and walled off after slamming his fist against the wall. Now, it all made sense. Ryuen recognised Tokito's feelings. If he took initiative, then before long, there might actually be a rebellion in his class. That's the reason he decided to ask Katsuragi to join his team. Katsuragi was a fair man who could resolve issues like this. Ryuen was as cunning as always.

Hiyori and I were just around the corner listening when suddenly I felt Hiyori push me. It was a slight push, but enough for Katsuragi to notice me.

"Ayanokoji? What are you doing here?"

He walked up to me and immediately noticed Hiyori, who was giving him a warm smile as usual.

He sighed as if he understood the entire situation and started talking.

"I know you trust Ayanokoji,Shiina, but he's still from a different class and shouldn't get involved in these matters. If Horikita heard about Tokito's behaviour, she might take advantage of the situation."

"I simply thought that Ayanokoji-kun might be of help here, so I decided to bring him along."

"I suppose it can't be helped now since you already have a rough idea. People are staring to rebel, and Ryuen doesn't seem to care. I've told him to change his methods to avoid any further dispute, but he completely refused. I tried defending him like I did just now, but they don't listen."

I nodded at him, then closed my eyes and started talking.

"Do you really not know why Ryuen isn't taking action?"

Katsuragi crossed his arms and started thinking.

"Ryuen is a smart man. I don't think it's simply because he doesn't understand how bad the situation is. I also don't believe it's just him being stubborn. If I had to guess, I'd say he believes the situation will get resolved without his help, but I don't understand how that will happen."

"You'll do it. That's why he recruited you, Katsuragi. Ryuen isn't getting involved because he believes you'll be able to handle this situation on your own."

Katsuragi looked surprised at first but started thinking it over. Hiyori gave me a smile when I finished speaking. Did she already know what was going on? Maybe that's why she brought me here so I could explain it to Katsuragi. Hiyori was definitely sharper than you'd expect.

"I see. You do make a good point, Ayanokoji. As much as I hate to admit it, you were right to bring him here, Shiina."

Hiyori giggled and grabbed my arm like she was showing me off.

"Ryuen told me all about you, Ayanokoji. Even what happened on the rooftop, I have to say I struggled to believe it all at first, but I could tell from Ryuen's tone that he was definitely serious. I can't wait to battle against you when the time comes. Thank you for your help today."

Katsuragi pat me on the back and walked off. Hiyori looked somewhat confused about the rooftop part, but she didn't pry any further. She knew I wouldn't really answer, so there was no point. She waved at me happily and made her way after Katsuragi.

I decided to walk around the ship for a while before heading back. I didn't really want to be interrogated, so I wanted to wait until they were all asleep. It was already nighttime, but quite a few people were still out eating and staying with friends. I made my way to a secluded area outside the ship so I could watch the sky for a while and think, but I heard someone crying nearby. I decided to investigate and saw someone I certainly didn't expect.

This might be a good opportunity for me.