Volume 7:Part 5

I was on my way to meet with Kei behind the school building when I ran into Mashima Sensei.

"Ayanokoji, how are things going?"

He decided to start up a conversation and ask about our situation.

"Preparations for the festival are fine even though information got leaked. I also wanted to ask you something sensei."

He looked intrigued upon hearing that and listened.

"Teachers aren't allowed to assist their class or buy anything they offer during the cultural festival, correct?"

Mashima sensei nodded.

"We're not allowed to help or buy anything from our entire grade level."

I paused for a moment, then continued.

"Then can I hire a teacher with points to work for me during the festival?"

Mashima sensei was now very interested in my question.

"Hire?"

I nodded and explained.

"Yes. What if I pay a teacher to help us during the cultural festival? I saw nothing against it in the rules, but I still wanted to make sure."

Mashima sensei paused to think back to the rules and then looked at me.

"Technically, yes, there should be no issues. Although I'm surprised you've thought of such a loophole. However, I don't see how that can be very useful."

He wasn't wrong. Paying to hire a teacher wouldn't be very beneficial since we can just use our classmates. However, I had an idea in mind.

"Thanks for your help. I'll try something out."

I nodded at him and left. Now, it was time to meet Kei and hand her the item I prepared. After that, I also needed to contact Kushida and give her instructions for my plan.

_____________________________________________

Ayanokoji-kun and Karuizawa-san were acting suspicious during the day. I suspected that they had some sort of meeting, and I doubt it was anything related to romance. Ayanokoji-kun was definitely planning something, but I couldn't quite grasp what it might be.

The rest of the day went by, and it was finally time to head back to the dorms, but unfortunately for me, I had a meeting in the student council office. I decided to speak to Ayanokoji-kun before leaving.

"Ayanokoji-kun. Did you hear about President Nagumo's new plan?"

He looked at me with a confused expression as if he didn't know what I meant. However, I knew that was a lie since Kushida-san had to have relayed the information back to him.

"New plan?"

He decided to keep playing dumb.

"You know what I mean."

I wasn't giving up.

"Maybe. Shouldn't you be in the student council office now?"

I sighed and surrendered. He was right. I couldn't waste any more time on his childish behaviour.

"I'm talking about the trial for the cultural festival. Nagumo proposed that all the classes set up their preparations early and try it out before the actual festival."

Ayanokoji-kun looked at me as if he was bored.

"I see. Are we participating?"

I nodded at him.