Volume 4.5:Part 1

It was now finally the first day of our real summer vacation. I was resting in bed, not particularly doing anything special when I decided I'd respond to some texts. I had messages from Nanase,the Ayanokoji group,Kei, and some others.

I decided to text Kei and ignore the others for now.

<I told you I wouldn't lose,you worry too much.>

<KIYOTAKA>

She was mad.

<Yes?>

<You passed out at the end of the exam and then ignored me!!! What happened?!>

<I didn't ignore you. I was resting.>

<Liar.>

<I only ignored you a little.>

<What's happened!?!?!>

<I passed out.>

She didn't even respond. Instead, she called me. I didn't answer and instead texted her again.

<I'll tell you everything later.>

<You're lying.>

<I'll tell you the parts that I can. I promise.>

<Fine.>

<I need your help with something.>

<UGH>

<You're rude.>

<You're one to talk.>

When have I ever been rude? Kei was judging me unfairly.

<I need you to investigate Horikita.>

<Horikita-san? Why don't you just ask her what you want? What do I even investigate??>

<I can't ask. She won't answer. Something happened on the last day. I want to know what. Can you do that?>

<I'll try.>

I turned off my screen but then heard another message come in.

<I'm glad you're okay.>

I stared at Kei's message for a few seconds but didn't respond. I turned off my phone and tried to relax, but my roommates wouldn't allow that.

"What about you Ayanokoji are you coming?"

Miyamoto has been asking everyone to go see the detailed results of the exam. We only got the top and bottom five during the presentation, but now the entire leaderboard was posted outside.

"I'll pass."

Miyamoto looked disappointed but didn't bother me too much. Then I heard an incredibly loud knock on the door. Ike who was also my roommate, answered the door. Hondo, my final roommate didn't even get up. He was still sleeping.

"Yo Ayanokoji!! This is Ayanokoji's room, right?"

"Huh? What do you want with Ayanokoji?"

Ishizaki looked around and then saw me and ran towards me.

"Yo Ayanokoji, come with me to the see the results, man!"

"No thanks, I'm tired."

"Come on, man, let's go! We're friends, right? I don't wanna go alone!!"

I sighed and reluctantly got up. Ike and Miyamoto were staring in bewilderment.

I left with Ishizaki, but then Ike came up to me.