Volume 6:Part 3

I made my way back to the dorms and saw Ibuki-san waiting outside.

"Horikita!! The sports festival is coming up. Compete against me."

Unfortunately, she saw me.

"Ibuki-san, we don't even know the rules yet."

She huffed and stomped her feet.

"So what? You're just making excuses so you can run away!!"

Run away? As if I would lose to Ibuki-san in sports.

"I don't need to run away. I'm actually busy. I need to deal with a class matter."

Ibuki-san clicked her tongue at me.

"Then I'll help you. I'll solve whatever your boring problem is, and then you'll be forced to compete against me."

What a ridiculous proposal.

"Help me? Ibuki-san, there's nothing you can do that will assist me."

We both got into the elevator, and I pressed the button for Kushida-san's floor.

"You don't know that!"

I sighed and nodded. I highly doubt Ibuki-san will be useful, but if she somehow was, then I would reluctantly compete against her.

"So what is it?"

I explained the situation to Ibuki-san. Everything about Kushida-san's true nature and everything she did during the exam and the way she was missing class every day now.

"I always knew there was something off about her. It's always people like her and Ayanokoji who lie about everything."

Ibuki-san may be stupid, but she had decent intuition.

"Get Kushida-san to open the door, and I will compete against you during the sports festival."

Without hesitation, Ibuki-san started kicking Kushida-san's door.

"Ibuki-san, wait a second. This isn't ethical."

She glared at me and kept going. Trusting someone like Ibuki-san for a delicate job like this was clearly a mistake.

"What the hell do you want!?!?"

Surprisingly, the door opened, and Kushida-san walked out with an angry look on her face.

"Kushida-san. I wish to speak with you."

Kushida-san tried to close the door, but Ibuki-san stopped her, and we both forced our way in and closed the door behind us.

"What do you want from me?"

Kushida-san calmed down and spoke in her usual fake manner. Even though we were alone, she was still pretending.

"I want you to come back to class."

Kushida-san started laughing at my words.

"And you think almost breaking my door and spilling my secret to people from other classes will get me to cooperate?"

I sighed and took a deep breath.

"I understand that my methods aren't ideal, but you wouldn't open the door otherwise. And you don't have to worry about Ibuki-san she doesn't have any friend to begin with, so she won't be telling anyone your secret."

Kushida-san clicked her tongue at me and looked the other way.

"I'm not coming back. The more you suffer, the happier I am. I'll stay here until the entire class turns on you Horikita-san. Now please leave my room."