Volume 7:Part 9

I kept performing my duties as the manager and cameraman for another hour or so, and everything was going smoothly.

That is until the cheap camera we bought needed new batteries, as usual it was my job to take care of that and so I went to the back to grab some more batteries.

I was about to turn around and go back but I felt someone walking up behind me, the fact that I couldn't sense him until he got this close told me that this person was very skilled so I didn't make a move.

"Ayanokoji Kiyotaka."

The person was standing right behind me, and I could hear his voice clearly.

"Don't turn around."

I nodded at him since it was in my best interest not to cause a scene. I couldn't tell exactly what this person wanted with me, but I had no doubt that man was involved.

"Your father wanted to send you a message."

Send me a message? So he wasn't here to try and expel me or take me back.

"I've lost interest in this trivial fight, but head my warning, Kiyotaka. The longer you stay at this school, the more you will suffer once you're back in my possession."

The stranger walked off without saying another word. Was this a threat? But if that was the case, then why did he call it a warning? I gathered my thoughts and moved back to the café in order to not appear suspicious.

"Ayanokoji-kun, have you seen Kushida-san?"

As soon as I walked out, Mii-chan came up to me. Kushida wasn't here? I shook my head, and Mii-chan looked worried.

"Did she abandon us?!?"

Matsushita heard our conversation and looked irritated. She didn't trust Kushida from the beginning, so it made sense why she would assume that.

"I'll find her. Don't worry about it."

Matsushita was still frustrated, but she gave me a nod and made my way out. I texted Nagumo, and he used the third year students to find out where Kushida was as per our deal. The problem came when he mentioned who was with Kushida at the moment. I needed to hurry and reach her.

Wasting no time, I made my way over to the location Nagumo sent me and saw both of them standing there discussing something.

"Ayanokoji-senpai? You found me faster than I expected!"

Amasawa noticed me immediately. Rather than look worried, she gave me a genuine smile and giggled. Kushida, who appeared scared at first, looked more confident when she saw me.

"Sorry, but I need to take Kushida back."

Amasawa started pouting.

"But I really really need Kushida-senpai right now!"

She grabbed Kushida's arm forcefully and looked towards me.

"If you don't let her go, then I'll take her back by force."

I didn't have any time to waste on Amasawa's games, I needed to finish this now.

"I have no doubt that you can do that, Senpai... but can you save Kushida-senpai before I break her arm?"

She tugged on her arm more forcefully, and Kushida now looked even more scared. I stood in place looking at Amasawa, acting like I was thinking of a plan.

Before she could react, I jumped off the ground and rushed straight towards her, I grabbed Amasawa by the throat and squeezed, forcing her to instantly let go of Kushida in order to try and break free. Her efforts were meaningless as I pinned her against the wall and restrained her arm. She tried to throw a kick at me as a last-ditch effort, but I blocked it with my knee without letting go of her.