Volume 4.5:Part 3

It was early on during my third day of vacation, and I was trying to find a place to eat peacefully. I was outside, and the third years were staring at me as usual. I saw Nanase eating on a bench and decided to say hi before going inside.

"Are you enjoying your food, Nanase?"

She looked back at me with her face stuffed. She looked somewhat embarrassed to be seen like this as her face got red immediately as she saw me.

"Oh!! thenpai..gith me...one..thecnd..."

She swallowed her food and started talking while still looking embarrassed.

"I'm sorry, Ayanokoji-senpai! I was well.. having lunch."

"I can see that."

"Wait, I can tell you what I learned now!"

"No, it's fine. Please just continue your lunch."

She felt somewhat guilty, but that wasn't necessary. It's not like I'd force her to stop eating for the mission.

"Enjoy your vacation, Nanase."

With that, I waved and made my way into the ship.

I found a peaceful spot near the back of the ship and started eating. Unfortunately, my peace was quickly interrupted when I saw Arisu approaching me.

"May I join you, Ayanokoji-kun?"

"Go ahead if that's what you want."

She quickly sat down next to me and started staring at the ocean.

"Tell me, Ayanokoji-kun. What was it like first time seeing the ocean in person?"

What a strange question.

"I was simply curious. I walked towards the water and let the waves crash against my feet. I ran my hand through the water, and it was nothing special."

She giggled at my response as if saying, "How typical of you."

"Did you come here to ask me that?"

"Perhaps. I simply came to chat."

"I see."

"So, did you find the white room student?"

"Maybe."

"My my, I thought you could at least tell me that much."

I shook my head while eating.

"Are you not proud of yourself? You've won the heart of the most desirable woman in our grade year. Whoever would've thought?"

"I didn't win her heart."

"I find that quite hard to believe."

She giggled once more, but my statement was true.

"I've spoken to her not long ago and gave her a warning. I doubt she would listen, which is quite unfortunate. I had hoped to have some more fun with Ichinose-san before she fell."

"Is she going to fall?"

"Do you think she won't?"

"Maybe."

"Now, isn't that interesting?"

She seemed intrigued after what I said but didn't ask anymore.

"Now, what about those pesky third year students who've had their eye on you all day?"

"They're quite annoying, I will admit."

"It's funny to think anything could annoy you, Ayanokoji-kun."

"I have feelings too."

She gave me a sceptical look and continued.

"Whatever did you do to upset them?"

"I punched Nagumo."

She was quite amused when she heard that and giggled again.

"He's quite dramatic, don't you think?"

"I suppose so."

Just then, a gust of wind blew Arisu's hat away, but I managed to catch it before it fell off the ship. I gave it back to her, and she gave me a genuine smile of gratitude.

"Thank you, Ayanokoji-kun. This hat is my trademark after I can't lose it."

She giggled at her words, then got up and left while waving at me. I sat on the bench and finished my lunch in peace.

_____________________________________________

After departing from my meeting with Ayanokoji-kun, I decided to go and meet someone else.

I walked up to the person I wanted to meet, and she noticed me instantly.

"Good morning, Amasawa-san."

"Good morning?"

"Please forgive me. I'm Sakayanagi Arisu from class 2-A."

"Sakayanagi?"

"Yes. That is my name."

She recognised my name, which was expected.

"Do you want something from me, Sakayanagi-senpai?"

"No, I simply wanted to meet the white room student face to face."

She started laughing when she heard those words. I knew Amasawa-san was a white room student as soon as the second year started. Her last name said it all. Of course, Ayanokoji-kun wouldn't recognise that name, but i wouldn't be surprised if he's found out about her regardless.

"Well, you've met me, Arisu-senpai. What now?"

"I merely seek to ask your intentions."

"And why would I tell you anything?"

"You're quite aggressive, Amasawa-san. Did I happen to offend you somehow? Or do you simply struggle to speak to someone who's smarter than you?"

Her face changed when I said that. She was irritated.

"You should watch yourself, Arisu-senpai. I don't really have a problem with beating a disabled little girl."

I giggled at her ridiculous threat.

"We'll meet again, Amasawa-san."

I turned around to walk away, but then she spoke up.

"And why don't you tell your people to stop stalking me, Arisu-senpai? It's really annoying!"

She wasn't angry but rather tried to show off that she spotted them all.

"If that's what you want, Amasawa-san."

I smirked at her and walked off.

Amasawa-san was quite skilled indeed, but even she hadn't spotted Yamamura-san. She was truly a gold mine that I found in my class.

Now then, I think it's time to confront the other person I'm interested in.