Volume 6:Part 6

After class ended, Haruka walked up to me as expected.

"Kiyopon, can I talk to you?"

I nodded and got up from my seat.

"Meet me at the café as soon as you can. I'll go there now. Bring Horikita-san, too."

I nodded again, and she turned her back on me. I could guess what she wanted to talk about, and it would definitely be an awkward conversation.

I pulled out my phone and texted Kushida.

<I'll come to your room later. I need to take care of something first.>

She immediately read my text, and them looked at me from across the classroom. She nodded and then got up to leave.

I texted Horikita, informing her of the meeting since she had already left, then started making my way out with Kei.

"I won't go back to the dorms. Haruka wants to talk, so I'll go there first."

Kei looked at me and nodded.

"Yeah, Hasebe-san is probably still angry with you. I hope you can resolve your relationship with them."

I looked back at her and then spoke.

"I doubt that will happen. What I did was unforgivable. I'll deal with Haruka when the time is right."

Kei pouted and grabbed my arm.

"I just think you need friends too, is all."

She seemed to be concerned for me.

"I don't consider them, my friends. I simply enjoyed their company for a while. I don't consider anyone at this school, my friend, if I'm being honest."

She squeezed my arm tighter.

"And outside this school?"

I shook my head.

"Not really."

"Since you're so pathetic that you can't make a single friend, I'll teach you."

Kei insulted me in an arrogant tone. She was trying to lighten the mood while also offering help.

"That won't be necessary."

She huffed but didn't argue it further.

"What about you? Did you make up with Shinohara?"

Kei seemed sad when I brought up the subject, but she shook her head.

"Do you dislike Shinohara?"

I looked at her but she couldn't meet my eyes.

"No, it's nothing like that. I guess I got used to being a bitch after everything I did to protect myself."

Kei laughed at herself. She took on a strong personality of the popular girl who looks down on others and bullies them in order to protect herself from actually being bullied. Kei changed after what happened with Ryuen and became strong enough to protect herself on her own. However, it seems habits like this can't die this easily. She clearly felt guilty about what she said.

"Shinohara clearly cares about you. She confronted Kushida today because she's still thinking about what happened, and she's hurt. If you give her time and then apologise when the time is right, I think she will forgive you."

Kei then looked up at me.

"I'll try. I really don't want her to hate me, you know?"

"She won't. If you need help then ask me."