Volume 5:Part 1

It was now the first day of our second semester. I wanted to get my plans in motion as early as possible, but I decided to take it easy on the first week and see how it goes.

On my way to the school building, I was approached by Sudo. He called my name and I nodded at him so we decided to walk together.

"Did you hear about Kanji and Shinohara?"

"Yeah Ike told me back on the ship. How did it go with Komiya?"

"Kanji told me that he actually supported them. He just told him to treat her well and make her happy."

I see. As I suspected, Komiya probably knew about Shinohara's feelings for Ike.

"That's good."

Sudo nodded.

"I'm happy for Kanji, but thinking about it pisses me off still! I mean, he beat me to it, yano! And I feel like I'm making no progress with Suzune."

"Well, it is Horikita we're talking about. You did choose a difficult one."

I honestly couldn't imagine Horikita wearing a cute outfit and checking herself out in the mirror so she could look good on a date. I wouldn't be surprised if she went on a date in her school uniform.

Sudo chuckled at my words. He probably knew I was right.

"Still, I don't wanna give up. I feel like if I want Suzune to notice me, I gotta do something big, you know?"

"You're probably right. What were you thinking?"

"I think I should just ask her out. Otherwise, we might not make any progress."

"I see. If that's what you believe is best, then I'll be rooting for you."

I didn't care how it went either way, but the thought of Sudo and Horikita actually going out was definitely intriguing.

"Thank Ayanokoji. What about you? Have you ever had a girlfriend?"

"Maybe."

Sudo smacked my back with more strength than a normal person could handle and chuckled at my response. We then made our way to class in silence.

When I sat down, I closed my eyes to distract myself from the noisy classroom. Thankfully, Chabashira arrived before long and started talking.

"Good morning, everyone."

That was friendlier than usual. Something was off.

"I know this is your first day, but I will now explain your schedule for the first half of this semester."

Everyone sighed in irritation, but no one complained.

"First off is your first special exam...it will start next week...it's quite a simple with little preparation and will only last till the end of the day."

When explaining the special exam, Chabashira struggled to speak properly. I also noticed concealer around her eyes, which she had never used before.

"It's called the unanimous special exam."

She took a deep breath before going on.

"The entire class will be presented with 5 issues. Every person will vote for which answer they believe is correct or the one they personally prefer. So far, it sounds easy enough, but the trick lies in the fact that the exam won't end until every single classmate agrees on one answer."

I see. If we had taken this exam last year, we would never pass. Classes like Ichinose's class B will struggle even now. Arisu will probably have the easiest time since nobody disobeys her.