Volume 2:Part 6

I arrived at the meeting spot and stood around, waiting for Kiriyama. Thankfully, he arrived on time, but he seemed to have a girl following. A third yeat student I didn't recognise. I memorised all the first years' names and faces through the OAA, but I didn't bother checking out the third year students.

"Just leave me alone. This is none of your business, Kiryuin."

So her name was Kiryuin?

"My gut tells me I'll find something interesting if I follow you. I follow my own rules."

Kiriyama was clearly frustrated. He appeared to know Kiryuin and heavily disliked her. He was uncomfortable and debating whether to come up to me or not since Kiryuin was following him. He decided to come up to me anyways which was troublesome. If Kiryuin opened her mouth, then Nagumo would know about our secret meeting.

"Sorry Ayanokoji, she just won't leave me alone. But I don't think she'll talk she isn't under Nagumo's control."

A third year who wasn't under Nagumo's control? Now, this was interesting to hear.

"Sure. What did you need?"

"Why did you tell Horikita to join the student council? Are you planning to spy on Nagumo?"

Kiryuin watched in silence, but she was intrigued by our conversation.

"I didn't tell her to do anything. Even if I did tell her, she wouldn't listen to me. She joined because she wanted to, and that's it."

Kiriyama was displeased by my answer as he clicked his tongue and looked away.

"Just don't get involved. I don't want you to piss off Nagumo."

"Has you loyalty to Manabu disappear the moment he graduated?"

Kiryuin's eyes widened upon hearing that. She was sharp. She probably figured out that Kiriyama was a spy just by those words.

"I respect Horikita-senpai. But I have to think about myself. I need to graduate from class A. If I keep my head down and be of use to Nagumo, he would help me."

I see. Kiriyama gave up on the fight for the school and instead engaged in another battle for his own sake. He would be called a traitor and looked down on by many, but he made the right choice. In his place, I would also prioritise myself above anything else.

Kiryuin chuckled upon hearing him.

"I didn't know you were such a coward, Kiriyama! I honestly started to respect you when I realised you were a spy fighting against Nagumo, but that respect is all, but gone now, hahaha!"

Kiriyama was getting more and more irritated.

"Just don't get involved, Ayanokoji. Leave Nagumo alone."

"Sure."

Kiriyama sighed and walked away. Kiryuin, however, stayed behind. She walked to the nearby bench and sat down, spreading her arms on both sides, making it impossible for anyone else to sit next to her.

"You're interesting indeed, Ayanokoji. I knew I'd find something good by following Kiriyama."

"Interesting? I didn't really do anything."

"If Kiriyama didn't think you were a threat, he wouldn't have wasted his time like this. He thinks you can actually hurt Nagumo. Is that not interesting?"

"Maybe Kiriyama is just stupid."

She chuckled even harder than before when she heard that.

"I like you!"