Volume 6:Part 8

I left the student council office and saw Horikita waiting for me outside.

"How did your meeting go?"

I started walking next to her while speaking.

"It went well."

Horikita looked at me suspiciously and then sighed.

"I guess you can't even tell me that much."

I glanced towards her and kept walking.

"Maybe."

She paused for a moment and then spoke up again.

"I have a plan for the sports festival. I've had this idea for a while, but I didn't want to propose anything until we heard the rules. It's risky, but I think it'll be worth it."

I looked towards her and saw a determined look on her face.

"I see. What does that have to do with me?"

"I want you to come with me to the meeting. You don't have to interfere. Just observe."

I nodded at her, agreeing to join the meeting to see what she was planning. She was somewhat surprised I agreed but didn't argue further.

When we made it outside the school, I saw Nanase standing alone, seemingly waiting for someone. Her eyes lit up when she saw me, and she ran towards me.

She bowed to Horikita and then started speaking.

"How have you been, Ayanokoji-senpai?"

She was standing in front of me now and giving me a warm smile as usual.

"I've been doing fine, thanks. I actually wanted to speak to you about something."

She smiled and started talking.

"I also wanted to speak to you. That's why I was waiting here. Would you like to be my partner in the sports festival Senpai?"

I was going to try and contact Nanase for that same reason, but it seems she beat me to it. I nodded at her.

"I was thinking the same thing. Let's try and aim for first place."

Nanase was somewhat confused, and Horikita was shocked when she heard that.

"First place? I think we can do it, but I'm surprised you're interested, Senpai."

"I'll explain later."

She nodded her head aggressively and smiled again before walking off and waving to both of us.

"First place, huh? I don't understand you at all."

I shrugged at Horikita, and we kept walking. She took me to Karaoke and we ordered some drinks since the person she called was late. I could already guess who it was.

"Apologies for being late. Ryuen was delaying us."

Katsuragi walked in and sat across from Horikita with Ryuen following right behind him. He smirked at me when he saw me, then sat across from me.

"I heard you actually expelled someone Suzune. Did you get smarter all of a sudden?"

He smirked at Horikita but glanced at me quickly, basically asking if it was my decision to expel someone. I didn't meet his gaze and kept minding my own business.

"I'm surprised you didn't try to remove anyone."

Ryuen chuckled and ordered a drink for himself before responding.

"We did something much more important during that exam."

He was probably talking about Tokito. Even if Ryuen didn't earn the class points, he still stopped a rebellion in his class. That's more important in the long run. Horikita scoffed and started drinking.