Volume 4:Part 12

It was the morning of the final day of this Uninhabited Island Special Exam. I thought it would finally be over but then as I left my tent I saw it. A note with four words written on them with very neat handwriting.

A.K
Expelled
I2
Today

It didn't take long for me to understand most of it. A.K. was difficult, but considering this note was left specifically for me, I had to deduce that it meant Ayanokoji Kiyotaka.

I was now running through the woods, making my way to I2 while regularly scanning. I saw Ayanokoji-kun with President Nagumo, and then when I scanned again, Ayanokoji-kun's signal had disappeared. I had to hurry.

"Horikita!!!"

I heard a voice calling out for me and turned around for a second. It was my group member Ibuki-san.

"Not now, Ibuki-san. I'm in a hurry."

"Where the hell are you going? They told us to gather at the other side of the island. Are you stupid or something?"

"I'll explain later now. Please leave."

"Whatever weirdo just tell me how many points you have!"

"What? You have a tablet, too. Just calculate, take our total, and subtract your own points."

"I don't know how many points I have! I wasn't keeping track!"

She wasn't keeping track? I had made sure to note down every point I received so she wouldn't pester after this exam ended while she wasn't even trying to memorise it.

"Just take my bag and read through my notebook. Take it back to the ship when you're done."

I took off my bag and kept running forward. I didn't get a chance to confirm if Ibuki-san will actually take my bag to the ship or abandon it on the island, but I didn't have time. If Ayanokoji-kun's signal disappeared, that must mean he's in trouble.

As Ibuki-san mentioned, we were told to gather near the area where we started the exam, yet Ayanokoji-kun was heading towards I2 for some reason. I kept moving forward, hoping for his safety. Ayanokoji-kun was someone I truly considered a friend and someone I didn't want to lose.

"Why are you in such a hurry, Horikita-senpai?"

In front of me, I saw someone I didn't expect. It was Amasawa-san from class 1-A. She was sitting down crossing her legs with both hands on her knees and wide smile on her face.

"Amasawa-san? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing, Senpai. Are you going to see Ayanokoji-senpai?"

How did she know about Ayanokoji-kun?

"Are you going to do something to Ayanokoji-kun?"

"No. I would never do anything to Ayanokoji-senpai."

"You're lying. You helped Hosen-kun earlier this year."

"You're right. I did do that! But I was simply testing Ayanokoji-senpai. He was just as amazing as I expected."

She started blushing and giggled like she was fantasising.

"What? Expected? Do you know Ayanokoji-kun from somewhere?"

"Of course! He's the only reason I applied to this school."

"What?"

The only reason she applied?

"Where did you know him from?"

"I'm afraid that's a secret Horikita-senpai! I really can't tell you."