Volume 7:Part 12

The cultural festival was finally nearing its end, and Ayanokoji-kuns' plan seemed to be working perfectly. I'm not sure why he decided to be so helpful during this exam, but I shall not complain.

I took a seat in the café to rest while watching the customers rush in to take pictures with Chabashira sensei. I can't believe Ayanokoji-kun got her to wear that ridiculous outfit.

My mind then went to Yagami-kun. I remembered his perfect handwriting that matched the note I received. Could I have been mistaken? I don't want to believe Yagami-kun was involved in trying to get Ayanokoji-kun expelled.

Just as I was thinking, Kushida-san sat next to me and let out a heavy sigh. It wasn't unusual for her to sit here since this was the only place to rest in the café. I decided to take this opportunity to try and get on good terms with her.

"What's the matter, Kushida-san?"

She gave me an annoyed look and sighed again.

"I'm sick of this day. I can't even go home because I have to go to the student council office."

Student council office? Why would she go there now?

She noticed my confused expression and elaborated.

"Yagami-kun texted me that he forgot his notebook and wanted me to grab it for him if I could. I couldn't refuse since I had to pretend in front of him."

Yagami-kun? Notebook? This was perfect. In one move, I can strengthen my relationship with Kushida-san and find out more about Yagami-kun.

"You don't have to go, I can grab it for you. I'm free now anyway."

Kushida-san eyed me suspiciously and sighed once more.

"Sure. But don't go thinking I'll stop hating you if you do one favour for me."

She got up and left to get away from me. Soon after, I got up as well and made way out of the classroom.

I made my way to the student council office and unlocked the door. It was now less than five minutes before the festival ended, I couldn't stick around to see the results, but I hoped our class would succeed.

After entering the office, I quickly started searching for Yagami-kun's, and it was nowhere to be found. Did Kushida-san lie just to inconvenience me? That was definitely possible considering her childish personality.

Just as I was about to leave, I heard a knock on the door and heard someone entering the office. I turned around to see Yagami-kun coming in.

Was this a coincidence? What was he doing here?

"Horikita-senpai. I didn't think I'd find anyone here at this time. What are you doing?"

He used a somewhat forceful tone while still keeping the usual calm and nice demeanour.

"I was looking for something. What are you doing here, Yagami-kun?"

He gave me a smile which, for some reason, creeped me out rather than comfort me.

"I see. I'll help you look then."

He ignored my question completely. Was Yagami-kun following me? If he truly was the person who wanted to get rid of Ayanokoji-kun, then maybe he followed me here to harm me? He didn't do anything aggressive, but his presence was enough to make me feel uneasy right now. It reminded me of that time Ayanokoji-kun took command of our class and exposed Kushida-san.

"What's wrong, Horikita-senpai? Why are you so nervous?"

Was he taunting me? Am I overthinking about all this?