Volume 1:Part 1

Advanced Nurturing High School.

A government funded project that is supposed to produce the elite students who will lead our country in the future,students who enrol here will have access to a plethora of facilities for varying from necessities to entertainment,basically everything a high school would ever need and on top of that you'd receive a monthly allowance based completely on your merits and value as a class.

However, a major negative that comes into play when applying to ANHS is the complete lack of contact with the outside world, if you choose to enrol here you wouldn't see your family,friends or any loved ones until graduation day, yet that one negative is the only reason I decided to study here.

Zero contact with the outside world meant that if I studied here, that man wouldn't be able to reach me,or so I thought before he appeared before me last year and asked me to withdraw he even threatened me and announced the fact that he'll be sending someone after me during my second year.

Which brings us to where I am now,the entrance ceremony.

I've decided to attend alongside Horikita to scout out the first year students and see if I can learn anything.

Of course, it wouldn't be that easy if that man personally sent someone after me they'd never get caught so quickly,I wouldn't even be surprised if the person after me was a white room student.

"What do you think of the new first years?"

I asked Horikita to see if she could notice what I did.

"They're mostly plain, but some of them stand out from the rest,like that guy,"

She was looking at a tall,well-built student with a scary aura around him, the same person I've noticed as well. Horikita has grown a lot since we started school,her perception skills were undoubtedly some of the best in our year she could easily stand up to Ryuen at her current level, unlike last year.

"I've noticed him too."

"What else did you notice?"

"Who knows?"

Truth is, I've kept note of almost 20 first years,at first glance they stood out the most but that's not good enough I needed to thin them out more and find a more specific answer.

"This was a waste of time. You're completely uncooperative as usual when you invited me here. I thought you were willing to help."

"Maybe I just wanted to hang out with you rather than go alone?"

"Your jokes will never be funny."

Harsh.

We left the ceremony before it concluded and started walking to the dorms together,I decided to check my phone and see if I've missed anything and I had a message from my now "girlfriend" Kei she hadn't contacted me since that day and the first time she does I didn't see it in time I already knew I'd get an earful from her when I reply so I decided to leave it be until I reached my room.

As we were walking, I started to think about the start of our second year. Even though we were back to being class D, our points were the highest they've been so far,our win against Class A in the year end exam not only granted us a massive boost in points but a huge morale boost,and even though Sakayanagi lost our bet I insisted that she didn't drop out since it would be very troublesome if my one ally in this situation was gone she finally agreed but only at the promise of a rematch during our final year.

The current class distribution looked like this:

Class A:1001
Class B:550
Class C:508
Class D:477

Ironically, every class kept the same spot as the one we started our first year with, even though the difference in class points was much different than it was back then.

I noticed the dorms finally coming up, so I bid my farewells to Horikita and made my way to my room.

And now, for the other problem,Kei.