Sakayanagi Arisu:Origins.

Seeing Ayanokoji Kiyoyaka in the white room was something I'd never forget, but seeing him through a glass mirror wasn't enough for me. I wanted to speak with him.

My father was being given a tour by his close associate, who was none other than Ayanokoji-kun's father. I took this opportunity and slipped out of sight while they were all distracted. I made my way to the sleeping areas and saw it. Ayanokoji Kiyotaka's room.

I stood on the other side of the massive door and stared at it. I could sense Ayanokoji-kun's presence from behind this door. I could tell he was awake, but he didn't acknowledge me at all.

"Ayanokoji Kiyoyaka?"

No response.

"Very well then. I simply want you to listen. You have truly impressed me, Ayanokoji-kun, and so I wish to challenge you one day. I hope you'll remember me when we meet again. My name is Arisu."

He didn't respond to my words, but I was satisfied. I issued him a challenge and hoped that he wouldn't forget me.

"I promise you that I will defeat you, Ayanokoji-kun."

My father was quite furious, but thankfully, I didn't cause him too much trouble.

Many years later, I met him again. I recognised him instantly. He was assigned to class D while I was assigned to class A. He ignored me for the entirety of our first semester and the majority of our second.

So I decided to make my move instead. It was just after Dragon Boy-san finished confronting Koenji-kun. I watched them all walk away and headed towards my target. Ayanokoji-kun.

"Are you that shadowy mastermind that Dragon boy-san has been searching for Ayanokoji-kun?"

Horikita-san was completely flustered when she heard my words. Ayanokoji-kun, on the other hand, looked as unbothered as ever.

"No, I'm not. I'm not smart enough to pull something like that off."

I giggled at his words, then looked back up at him.

"No, I suppose you're not."

Now, everyone around us was completely confused. Ayanokoji-kun's class gave him strange looks, and even my own classmates were staring at me in confusion.

"Hang on Sakayanagi-san, do you know Ayanokoji-kun from somewhere?"

Horikita-san was the first to speak up.

"Of course I do. I suppose if I had to describe our relationship, I'd say we're somewhat like childhood friends."

I tilted my head and shot him a warm smile.

"You do remember me, don't you Ayanokoji-kun?"

"Unfortunately, I do. I didn't forget you, Arisu."

I giggled once more and started walking away.

"I look forward to the day when I can fulfil my promise to you."

I glanced back and shot him a warm smile before leaving them all behind. My classmates followed closely, and I noticed Ayanokoji-kun being interrogated by his companions.

I thought life at this school would be boring, but it might be more exciting than I expected.

No matter what it took. I had to defeat Ayanokoji Kiyoyaka.