Volume 5:Part 12

"The person I believe should be expelled is you. Sakura Airi."

I pointed at her in front of the whole class. Everyone was shocked at my declaration. Haruka immediately got up from her seat.

"What are you saying, Kiyopon??? Is this some kind of joke!?!"

She couldn't believe what I had just said.

"It's not a joke. It's simply the objective way to tackle this exam."

She looked right into my eyes and started believing it. She knew I was serious.

"How could you say that?! Why should Airi get expelled over Kushida, who caused this situation in the first place!!"

A lot of people nodded and seemed to agree with Haruka's sentiment.

"It's simple. Kushida is a more important asset to the class."

Haruka couldn't accept that. Airi was doing her best to hold back her tears.

"So what!?! Who says Kushida will even help! You heard what she said!!"

Haruka was doing her best, and multiple people nodded in agreement. But the truth was that everyone would vote for anyone when it comes down to the last vote. Whether it was Kushida or Airi or anyone else.

"Kushida will help as she wants to reach class A too. She simply wanted to reach class A without me or Horikita around."

Haruka now banged her desk angrily.

"Exactly!! So why are you helping her?! It doesn't make any sense!"

I closed my eyes and spoke.

"Because I want to reach class A too. Airi is holding the class back while Kushida will help us move forward."

"She's changing!! Even if she's not doing her best right now, she'll improve and help!"

"It's too late."

Haruka looked me in pain now. She wanted to cry as well, but she was forcing herself to stay strong for her friend.

"How can you be so cruel! She's your friend!"

"Sakura Airi has the lowest value on the OAA. She struggles in physical activity and scores within the bottom five students academically. She hasn't contributed anything exceptional to move this class forward and instead forced us backwards so we can keep up with her. Most of all, she simply has no presence. When she's gone, nobody would feel it, which makes it easier to adjust to the new environment. Her lack of friends also means it would be highly unlikely for someone to persistently protect her at the cost of losing 300 class points. This is why I decided to target her over Hondo or Ike who are just as bad. If I target them, they'll simply vote for themselves and drag the class down. I have no intention of bringing my personal feelings into a matter that could risk everything we've worked hard to build over the past year and a half. Objectively speaking, Sakura Airi is the most useless student in our class and the one we can get rid of the easiest."

Haruka couldn't respond. She couldn't argue with anything I said, but before we could go on, the timer went off. It was time to vote. Since no one volunteered this time, we had to vote on who to expel.

Kushida got the majority of the votes, and we went into the 18th discussion. We spent it in silence with gossip and small talk going around. No one wanted to speak up and risk expulsion. They all waited for the vote and hoped Kushida would just be gone, and that's it.

Expel Kushida Kikyo:

In favour.
Opposed.

I glared at Horikita so she wouldn't make a mistake and looked back to my tablet.