Volume 2:Part 2

After my meeting with the Ayanokoji group, I spent the rest of my week on the exact same schedule. School in the morning, then meeting Kei at night. I'm surprised she hasn't been caught yet. Maybe she's been honing her stealth skills? It was funny to imagine.

The new week started, which meant we had officially made it a while month into our second year.

While walking to school as usual, someone I hadn't spoken to in a while came up to me. It was Sudo.

"Hey Ayanokoji, can we walk together?"

He seemed to have something on his mind, so I accepted his request. We spent almost a full minute in silence, so I decided to ask.

"Is something on your mind?"

"Yeah. I've been thinking about that day. I don't quite get what happened, but Hosen was scared of you, wasn't he?"

"Maybe."

He glanced at me before looking forward again.

"Last year. You asked me for the average grip strength, and then you got a perfect 60. I didn't think much of it, but looking back now, I get it. You got a 60 on purpose, didn't you?"

"I did."

There was no point in denying this.

"How strong are you?"

"Who knows?"

He moved his hand into my arms and started touching my muscles before moving it down to my chest. If anyone had seen that from afar, they'd get the wrong idea, so i was hoping he'd finish his examination quickly.

"Your muscles are well built. It doesn't show on the outside, but they are. It should take years of training for you to be like this, but I've never seen you at the gym once..."

I didn't comment. I didn't want to reveal anything more than I had to.

"I get it. You don't wanna talk."

I nodded my head.

"Why didn't you tell me to keep quiet? I mean, I coulda freaked out and told everyone what you did?"

"If I thought you would spread it around, I would've told Horikita to speak with you. But I knew you wouldn't open your mouth carelessly about this. You've grown significantly since last year."

He smiled at my response and put his arm around my neck.

"You're awesome, Ayanokoji. Even if you don't show it, I can tell now."

He paused for a moment and then spoke once more.

"Thanks for protecting Suzune when I couldn't. I'm glad you weren't expelled last year."

It took courage for Sudo to say that since Yamauchi was his friend,he clearly felt guilty about what he said, but he meant it.

We walked to class together and managed to make it before homeroom started.

When Chabashira walked in, almost the entire class looked upset. We all knew what that look on her face meant.

"You guessed it. I will discuss the rules for the upcoming special exam with you."

Even though the entire class was displeased...well, except for Koenji, they still didn't complain and instead listened.

"Don't worry. The exam isn't going to take place for a while, but unfortunately for you, it will take place during your summer vacation.

The complaining started. They couldn't control themselves for long enough, it seems.

Chabashira knocked on the podium to get everyone to quiet down before speaking again.

"If you have a question, raise your hand. Otherwise, please don't speak."

She sighed and started to discuss the actual rules.

"During your summer vacation, you will visit and try to survive on an uninhabited island just like last year. But this time on a much larger scale. You'll spend two weeks there, double the time you did last year, and you will compete against students from all grade years."

Yousuke was the first to raise his hand.

"But sensei isn't that unfair? I mean, the lower years have way less experience and can't cooperate nearly as much as everyone else."

"Yes, Hirata, you make a good point. I will answer that when we get to it."

Yousuke sat back down and continued listening.

"Before the exam begins, you will have to form groups of three. You won't compete as a class but as individuals instead. It's good to know as well that when the exam begins, you will have the option to combine with other groups, but you can only have a total of six members."

Ike was the next to ask.

"How do we combine groups?"

"You'll find out once the exam actually begins. As for your question, Hirata, the first years will be able to form groups of four instead of three, giving them an advantage."

Yousuke didn't seem satisfied, but he didn't ask any further.

"The top 5 groups will be rewarded while the bottom 5 will be punished."

Everyone seemed unhappy upon hearing the topic of punishment.

"The bottom 5 groups will be expelled. The only way to prevent this expulsion is by having a protection point or by paying 6 million private points. If your group doesn't have enough points, then you can pay for yourself instead. If you're in a group of six, it's 1 million per person. A group of three would be 2 million per person. If you're alone, then you have to pay the full 6 million out of your own pockets. If you think your chances are low, then it would be wise to try and form a group of six. But as your homeroom teacher, I hope none of you even make it that low. Also important to note is that you can't borrow points from classmates. You need to have your points on your phone before the exam officially begins. Any questions?"

Everyone seemed to understand what she was saying to some extent.

"As for the rewards. First place will receive 300 class points and 3 million private points per person and a protection point for each member."

Everyone audibly gasped at hearing that. Getting first place was more rewarding than you'd expect.

"Second place will receive 300 class points and 3 million private points per person, but no protection points. Third place will receive 200 class points and 2 million private  points per person. Fourth place would 150 class points and 1.5 million private points per person, and finally, fifth place will receive 100 class points and 1 million private points per person. Is everything clear so far?"

No one seemed to complain, but I could a lot of them were worried they'd forget those numbers, but judging from the stack of files on Chabashira's desk, she would probably pass out some kind of guide after she's done.

"Now, finally, we will discuss the cards."

This was probably the most confusing part. Basically, by the end of the day, we'll receive a "card." Each card would give you a benefit like having double the private points at the start of the exam or 50% off the penalty, meaning you'd pay 3 million instead of six. There were 3 special cards. Each grade would receive one of each, meaning there were only nine in total. The school had a total of 480 students, meaning you'd need to be very lucky to actually get one of them..unless you buy it since yes, you can trade those cards but you can only transfer them once and can't give them to a classmate. One of the special cards allowed you to add a seventh group member, One allowed you to completely negate the penalty of expulsion, and the last one would give you double the class points you'd have received, so theoretically if someone carrying this card made it to first place they'd earn 600 class points,But there was a catch..If you didn't make it to the top 25% your group will be expelled.

That was a lot of information to take in all at once, but luckily, I was right, and Chabashira did pass our a detailed guide,I would go through it later and learn everything I can. Considering all grade years were involved, I knew Tsukishiro would likely make a move. This exam is probably what he had in mind when he said he wants to "play" with me.