Volume 4:Part 4

It was the 9th day of the exam, and my group and I have been doing way better than I could've thought. I honestly felt proud of myself. I woke up earlier than my two group members and started packing my stuff to prepare.

I thought about what Kiyotaka could be doing right now but quickly stopped and focused on myself. Kiyotaka promised he would take care of himself, so I needed to take care of myself, too.

We found a river yesterday and decided to camp next to it in order to have extra water, I went over there to grab some water so I could boil it and give it to Satou-san and Matsushita-san when they woke up but I felt something weird.

Someone was watching me. I don't know if this person wanted me to notice them or if my time near Kiyotaka really affected me this much, but I felt It. If I went back to my tent, Satou-san and Mastushita-san could be in trouble too. If I ran now, I would have to leave my stuff behind, and I won't make it. The safest option was to confront whoever was watching me and try to talk my way out of whatever this was.

"Just come out and tell me what you want, okay? I don't want any trouble."

When I said that, I saw a red-haired girl come out from behind a tree nearby.

"Karuizawa-senpai! I can't believe you noticed me!"

"Did I notice you? Or did you let me see you on purpose?"

"Let you see me? Who do you think I am Senpai some kind of spy?"

The girl was Amasawa-san. The one who came to Kiyotaka's room and tried to get him expelled. Why was she here?

She pouted and gave me a sad look.

"Do you want something from me?"

"Yes! I've wanted something from you ever since I saw you in Ayanokoji-senpai's room that day."

She smiled brightly. Her smile was completely genuine as far as I could tell. There was nothing suspicious about her behaviour at all. But then...why did I feel so creeped out when she's around?

"And what exactly do you want from me?"

"I want you to break up with Ayanokoji-senpai."

What? Break up with Kiyotaka? I mean, we aren't even really dating, but still. Was she some kind of stalker who wanted Kiyotaka for herself?

"Why would I do that?"

"Because you don't deserve Ayanokoji-senpai."

Her smile faded from her eyes. Her lips were still turned up, but her eyes were somewhat angry. What is going on?

"I don't deserve him? Kiyotaka is the one wh-"

She slapped me. Without warning.

"You don't deserve to call him that. The thought of an idiotic little girl like you calling Ayanokoji-senpai by his given name disgusts me."

I was beyond confused. Did this girl know more about Kiyotaka than I thought? Was she going to bully me into leaving him?

"I refuse. I won't break up with Kiyotaka."

This time, she punched me in the face and knocked me to the ground. She was way stronger than she looked.

She was just like...Kiyotaka...

"Didn't I just tell you not to call him that? Are you even listening to me Karuizawa-senpai? You're hurting my feelings, you know?"

She leaned down and grabbed me by my hair, then looked into my eyes.

"Now do what I say. Break up with Ayanokoji-senpai and never come near him again. I won't allow a lesser being like you to stand next to someone like him."