Volume 4.5:Part 6

I was sitting at my table waiting for the person I invited to arrive. As usual, she was late. Finally, Ibuki-san made it and sat down across from me without even apologising.

"I thought you might run away, Ibuki-san."

She gave me an irritated look.

"Shut up, Horikita! I'm only here because I want to talk too."

It seems like even Ibuki-san wanted to speak about what happened back on the island.

"Let's order first. I'll pay for your drinks."

She gave me a surprised look but immediately accepted. Ibuki-san never accepted help in other areas, but it seemed that when money was involved, she didn't even hesitate.

She ordered the most expensive item. She fell for my trap.

We waited for a few moments until our drinks showed. Ibuki-san was clearly getting more and more impatient, so I decided to finally speak up.

"I'm here to talk about what happened with Amasawa-san. I believe that she has a connection to Ayanokoji-kun and that he may be in danger. She's also clearly not normal."

Ibuki-san surprisingly nodded in agreement.

"That brat is definitely not normal. You wouldn't understand since you're dumb but her style was way too refined. It's not just her strength, but her skill was on a whole nother level."

Did she just call me dumb? I may excel in academics, but I also knew my fair share about martial arts. I'd say I probably know more than the majority of this school. But b
Ibuki-san was admittedly more experienced in that area. It seems even she could acknowledge someone's skill.

"Which is exactly why I'm worried."

"Worried? What do you want us to do? Just leave her alone. I don't wanna see that red-haired bitch again honestly!"

"What if she hurts Ayanokoji-kun?"

"Why should I care? Besides, he can probably take care of it himself."

Take care of it himself? Did Ibuki-san somehow know about Ayanokoji-kun's hidden strength? I knew a little myself after seeing him against Hosen-kun. But I honestly couldn't say whether he was stronger than Amasawa-san since I hadn't seen him in an actual fight.

"What do you mean? How would Ayanokoji-kun take care of it himself? Are you saying he's stronger than me?"

I acted irritated, so Ibuki-san would be more likely to speak in order to upset me.

"Of course he's stronger than you! It's not even close! Wow, you're a class leader, but you don't even know shit huh?"

She fell for the bait. It seemed Ibuki-san knew way more than I thought originally.

"What don't I know? I don't get it. I feel stupid right now."

This was it. Ibuki-san would take advantage and explain to me in order to feel smart herself. She fell for the bait once more and started explaining everything.

Apparently, Ayanokoji-kun went to the rooftop during December of last year and had a fight with Ryuen-kun. Ayanokoji-kun beat Ishizaki-kun,Albert-kun,Ibuki-san, and Ryuen-kun all on his own just to save Karuizawa-san. If this was before our second year, I never would've believed it, but seeing him against Hosen-kun and seeing Amasawa-san's hidden strength, I had no reason to doubt Ibuki-san.

The thought of Ayanokoji-kun beating four people, all on his own, was honestly scary. What else was he hiding from the rest of us? Not to mention how those people weren't just anyone. Ryuen-kun,Ibuki-san,Albert-kun, and Ishizaki-kun were all formidable fighters on their own. To think the reason for Ryuen-kun stepping down was actually Ayanokoji-kun...

"Now it's your turn. Tell me what the hell happened. Why were you even going there, and why did that brat attack you?"

I sighed and explained all that happened to Ibuki-san. I told her about the note I had received and the surprisingly neat handwriting on it. I told her about what Amasawa-san said and the way she was toying with me, which Ibuki-san found quite funny. When I was done explaining, she just sighed and got up.

"That's not all. I want your help, Ibuki-san. Even if Ayanokoji-kun can take care of himself, I still want to investigate Amasawa-san and find out who left this note."

She clicked her tongue at me and started walking off, but I called her name. She paused for a moment and listened.

"If you won't assist me, then I need my money back. I paid for your drink, didn't I? I want my money back a thousand times. Otherwise, you'll owe me until you leave this school."

She turned to me with a surprised and irritated expression all over her face.

"Are you crazy??? A thousand times? I'm not doing that! You're the one who asked me here and asked me to order whatever I wanted! I don't owe you shit!!"

"Except you do owe me. I will never forget your debt. You may go now, Ibuki-san."

"FINEE!!"

I thought she might pay for a second, but she took her phone and stormed off. It seems she chose to help me in the end.

I got up to leave but then noticed something. Someone was sitting at the table right behind me. I had made sure to pick a place where no one else was close, so our conversation wouldn't be heard, so when did she come in? How could I make such a silly mistake? I needed to know more.

"Excuse me. When did you sit here, Karuizawa-san?"

She was sitting on her phone, looking as unbothered as ever. She looked up at me slowly with an irritated look like I had just interrupted something important.

"Huh?"

Did she not hear me?

"I asked when you got here, Karuizawa-san. I didn't notice you come in and sit behind me."

She looked back at her phone and brushed me off.

"Dunno. Like 5 minutes, maybe?"

Karuizawa-san was as rude as ever. I was suspicious since I had just heard the story when Ayanokoji-kun saved her, but the way she was acting now was just her normal behaviour.

"Did you hear what I was talking about?"

She turned off her phone and put it down.

"Do you want something from me, Horikita-san? I promise whatever boring conversation you were having. I really DO NOT care. Like AT ALL."

I couldn't sense her lying, but I still felt uneasy.

"I see. Sorry for bothering you then."

I decided to let it go and walked off. How did I not notice her walking in? And she sat right behind me...could he have? No...that's silly. I'm overthinking this.