Volume 1:Part 16

I made it to school on time, earning myself more than a few glances and even some chuckles, probably making fun of me for "cutting myself while cooking." I ignored all that and walked to my seat. I noticed Kei talking to Satou, which was a somewhat unusual pairing, but immediately turned my attention to Horikita.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Yes. I told you I'm fine."

"If you wish to delay our bet, I won't object. I can't imagine it being easy to study with your hand like this."

"No, don't worry,let's just get it over with. Unless you want to delay it?"

"No, I'm fine. I've had more than enough time to study. Very well, then let's both do our best."

I nodded at her and shifted my attention to the front of the classroom where Chabashira was.

"You will now begin the first special exam of your second year. Please answer every question to the best of your abilities. You'll take all 5 tests right after each other with small breaks in between. Once the examination period is over, you can either go home to rest or wait here to receive your results at the end of the day. As your homeroom teacher, I highly recommend you all wait after the exam. Does anyone have any questions?"

No one raised their hand. It seemed I was right. After the panic, when they realised Horikita hadn't finished preparing the pairs yet, the entire class took this exam way more seriously, Yousuke even told me that no one skipped his study group after that. Some people even attended both groups just to be safe. I doubt anyone would get expelled now, but I didn't know how good our chances would be at earning class points.

1st place:+100cp
2nd place:+50cp
3rd place:0cp
4th place:-50cp

Chabashira passed out the exam papers, and we officially started our test.

We spent about 2 thirds of the school day solving our tests. After we were done, some people walked, but roughly 28 students stayed to wait for their results. Surprisingly, even students like Ike,Shinohara, and Hondo waited for their results rather than leave. Unsurprisingly, Koenji was the first person out of the classroom.

Chabashira walked back into the class 20 minutes before the school day would normally end.

"I will first present to you the results of class competition and the updated class rankings, then you can view your own personal scores on your OAA."

At her announcement, a lot of students seemed uneasy,what they cared about most was the expulsions. Chabashira noticed that and decided to speak up again.

"Don't worry. No one from your class or the entire grade actually got expelled."

Upon hearing that, everyone started to celebrate. Ike in particular, was especially happy.

"Now pay attention. In first place was Ichinose's Class B. Second place is Sakayanagi's Class A. Third place is our own Class D, and last place is Ryuen's Class C. Here's the updated class rankings."

Sakayanagi's Class A:1051
Ichinose's Class B:650
Horikita's Class C:477
Ryuen's Class D:458

It seems we're back to being Class C,although the difference was less than 20 points. The students around me celebrated regardless.

"Congratulations on being promoted again, but don't let it get to your head. You're less than 20 points away from being Class D again, and you're still over 500 points away from reaching Class A. If you let ot get to your ahead and get lazy, you'll never make it."

Even though she was harsh, Chabashira was right. She was surprisingly giving Class C genuine advice.

"Now you can check your personal results via the OAA. You can also check the results of anyone in your grade level and a leader board for every individual subject plus a leader board for combined scores."