Blue Doom

I groaned and looked up from the unbelievable amount of work in front of me, and looked up at my best friend Carrie, who was currently sitting across me.

"I'll just fail out of school, then become a stripper, I'll call myself Crystal and survive off of Oreos" I cried looking over at Carrie, who was looking down and studying like a good little student.

Makes me sick.

"My mom's name is Crystal" Carrie muttered at me never looking up from her work.

"Your mom was obviously a stripper, she kept dancing when that little girl through Monopoly money in the air" I replied back.

Currently we are in the library studying for finals, we were in our 3rd year of college, and I am beyond ready to drop out.

"How about you just head back to our apartment and get some sleep, our final is tomorrow so go straight home Katrina Justice or I swear I'll smoother you in your sleep" she threatened me dully, never looking up.

Even though she said that monotone, I had no doubt that she would carry through with a crazy threat.

I quickly jumped up and gathered my stuff in my bag and made my way towards the exit. I looked at my phone and sighed when I saw it was 12am.

Great, so all the freaks will be out to play tonight. I made my way outside and quickly started making my way towards my apartment about 10 minuets from school campus.

I make a split decision and start taking alleyways, this will cut my time down a good 6 minuets. I know you are all thinking, no you dumb bitch! Don't take the dark alleyway, thats where people get killed, and raped, ... and killed.

But do not fear my friend, because supers have cut down crime, it is so rare that anyone would try anything, especially in the city of Technan, Pennsylvania. My city has the most super heroes in the entire country.

Yes, I said Super Heroes, they dress up in ridiculous costumes and come and save the day. I'd never come in personal contact with one before, but most people had. Flash Girl, Amazo Man, Water Boy, and everyones personal favorite Star Man.

Honestly, every last one of them needed to change their names, they were God awful.

But with every gift, there is a receipt, meaning not only were there Super Heroes, but Super Villains. To be honest with you all, it seems like grown people dress up and play cops and robbers against each other, which in itself deserves some type of therapy.

And those bitches were no joke. They didn't do robberies, or muggings. No they shot for world domination, and crazy shit like stealing planets.

Who steals planets? Sounded a little too Despicable Me, if you ask me.

They'd try to burn the earth down, send missiles towards countries, and my personal favorite was when one of them tried to destroy the sun.

The sun.

I chuckled just thinking about it, then we had the ones that made lasers and destroyed stuff like The Great Wall of China.

It wasn't until the distinct smell of cigarette smoke hit me that I stopped. No one is usually around here so I was confused. Then I heard laughter. Not happy laughing, but the 'I'm Going To Take Over The World' type of laughter.

I walked slowly towards the corner where I heard the sound. I looked around the corned slowly and saw a tall lone figure standing there laughing with a lit cigarette in his hand as he through ... gasoline in his hand as he through it all along the side of the building.