Betrayal

I landed standing up, with Blue's arm securely around my waist, keeping me at his side. 

Please be home. Please be home. Please be home. Plea-

"Thank God" Blue hissed, making my eyes pop open. We were back in the clear bubble, with Aria, Klaus, Ana, and Tyler standing there looking shocked that we were finally back. 

Tyler rushed to the computer and started typing fast, "How was it?!" he yelled at us. 

"Not fucking fun" Blue yelled back at him, annoyance clear on his face. I could see the violence, that was begging to be released from his stance. He wanted to shoved his fist into Tyler's face. Over and over and over again. "Now give us the fucking paper work!" he bellowed. 

Tyler nodded over at Aria who had her face stuck in some folder, her eyes sweeping over the words at the speed of lightning. 

Her face got hard as her body started to move towards us, quickly. "Katrina, you need to see this" her voice was hard, as she made her way towards the glass bubble. 

This was it, this was the key, this would be the name that we needed in order to figure out who the Shadow was. This was it. This was going to bring everything to a screeching halt. We would finally have the upper hand that we've desperately needed in order to finally take this assholes head off his shoulders. 

But, as Aria slammed the open pages of the file to the glass for Blue and I to look, I realized that it never happens the way its suppose to. 

It's never just straight forward the creepy guy, you always guessed it would be. 

It the betrayal that gets you, the punch in the gut that leaves you sinking to your knees, like I was now. It was the bitter betrayal of someone you thought you could trust, or at least expected to be too dumb to pull off some evil diabolical plan like this. 

My eyes swept over the words, but I couldn't read them. My eyes could only stay connected to the names that were planted front and center on the paper next to customer. 

All my memories flashing back, their smiles, their craziness. I could not believe what my eyes were showing me, yet it was right there in plain black and white, it was there. But in all their bullshit that they had put me through, I still could not believe what my brain was desperately trying to compute to me. 

But there it was. 

But I could not believe it. Could not accept it. 

But it was there. 

I think I'm not breathing. 

But it was there. 

They wouldn't try to kill me. 

But it was there. 

I will not believe this. 

But it was right there. 

I turned my back to the paper, and looked him in his eyes. I stared at Blue, trying to read every plain of his face, every contour, every emotion that I could catch. 

I just watched him. 

"Blue" my voice shook, as the betrayal started to lay itself into my chest. I could barely look at him, as he took a step closer to me. 

"Katrina-" Aria started looking at me with pity, "-its your parents" she finished. 

I couldn't breathe.