Dying Slowly

I was dying.

It hurt to breathe, my body was shutting down.

I hadn't told anyone yet, because I knew something wasn't right.

There is only one villain in these deals, and the one who injected me was obviously the villain.

I'd been all wrong.

Blue Doom was an asshole. Yes, but he wasn't the villain.

At least not in this story.

He knew something was happening, he was in front of the ball that was about to hit the fan.

And who ever had thrown the ball was obviously not liking the new player.

They were mental if they thought Blue would exchange the serum for my life, there was no way in hell he'd do it.

So there's no reason to tell him anything, at least that's what I hoped.

If been injected yesterday and the effects were hitting me hard. I could barely walk, and to exert myself immediately made me weak and dizzy.

Thank God Diana was here or I'd be in some real shit. Blue Doom was upstairs 'entertaining' his guest, therefore he wasn't down here.

Watching me die.

Since I'd gotten back from the gala I couldn't move from the couch, and I think PonyBoy was starting to notice.

He looked over at my for the billionth time in ten minuets. I was huddled on the couch shivering.

"Are you okay?" He asked me looking way too concern.

"Yea I've just got a little cold. I'm fine" I lied through my teeth.

He narrowed his eyes at me obviously not believing me.

"Let me try to heal you then" he said moving to come beside me.

He pulled the hundreds of blankets if been huddled under off and touch his hands to my body.

He immediately pulled them back like I'd burned him.

His eyes were wide in fear and confusion, he turned to look at me and tears filled his eyes, "your dying" he said.

"You've been poisoned" he was in shock, and he looked like he was about to cry.

I quickly grabbed his hand, "promise me you won't tell Blue Doom, okay?" I begged him.

He nodded but he seemed shocked and dazed. Then be launched himself into my arms holding onto me tight.

"Please don't go" he said his childish voice pulling at the strings in my chest.

"I'll be fine, don't worry" I said patting his back.

The door to the elevator opened and Blue Doom came strutting through the doors like he was the shit.

PonyBoy pulled away quickly and wiped his eyes, turning to look at Blue Doom who was currently staring at us emotionless.

I heaved myself up painfully and turned and look at Blue Doom in the eyes. "How's your Diana party coming along?" I asked him sarcastically. Can't have him think I wasn't okay.

He glared at me before a smirk crossed his face, "it's coming along" he smirked.

I glared at him, "barf" I replied back annoyed.

Suddenly you could hear footsteps coming down, we all looked up and watched the man I'd knocked unconscious come down the stairs.

He looked around confused before his green eyes landed on me and his blond hair fell in his face.

His eyes widened in shock and happiness, "Katrina Justice?" He asked a smile graving his handsome face.

"Corey Jess?" I asked before standing up and rushing to him.

He pulled me in for a strong hug, and it felt amazing to have someone hold me up.

My happiness was so pushed away from a coughing fit that had me sounding like I'd smoked ten packs a day for thirty years.

He steadied me, "I'm fine, sorry" I said smiling back up at him.

"You look like shit" he said smiling down at me.

"Is that anyway to treat the best girl you've ever dated?" I asked him smirking in his direction.

He boomed out with laughter.

"The only girl I'll ever love" he said a huge smile on his and my faces.

You see everybody Corey was gay, as gay as they come. He and I had gone to highschool together and he and I had dated for a few months.

He was my first boyfriend and I was his first girlfriend. It wasn't until I realized that he never wanted to touch or kiss me, and he was just as interested in Ryan Gosling as me that I realized he was gay.

We'd been best friends since then, I hadn't seen him in a while since he was some freaky genius who was blowing up the science world, and been too busy to see me.

He pulled me in for another hug, and landed a huge kiss on my lips.

Strictly platonic people. He'd like to do Chris Hemsworth just as much as me.

"After I saw you'd gotten kidnapped I knew you'd end up dead sooner or later. You have no survival skills and your annoying as hell. He was bound to kill you, I just knew you'd be a goner" he smirked down at me.

"Thanks" I said glaring at him.

"Well this has been fun, but your little reunion is making me sick" Blue Doom thundered from his position.

We both turned to look at him. He was furiously glaring at the two of us, but I had no clue why.

"Cool your pants, you walking condom. We're just catching up" I sneer at him.

His jaw twitches, "just don't 'catch up' on my floor" he hissed before stomping over towards us, grabbing my neck and shoving me away.

I went falling to the ground not able to keep myself up.

PonyBoy came rushing over, pushing me up and taking me back to the couch.

God that hurt.

Blue Doom stood staring at me with confusion before stomping over towards me and grabbing my face sharply with his hand. "What is wrong with you?" He growled his eyes narrowed looking at me.

"Nothing" I wheeze out, still trying to catch my breath.

I winced again, my body radiating in pain.

His eyes narrowed in on me, "fine" he turned back to Corey "I'll be back and when I do I want a full report on whatever the hell is in that serum you made" he growled stomping back towards the elevator and disappearing out of sight.

Corey immediately rushed over, "Katrina Justice what the hell is wrong with you, since when can't you take a shove?" He asked looking down at me in concern.

"I-I was injected with something. He said I'd be dead in three days if Blue Doom didn't give him that serum. What the hell is it?" I asked him.

He flinched, "something I should have never made in the first place, they told me I could save lives. That it would help everyone. I didn't know what they were doing until two days ago when some guy came to my house with a gun demanding for the serum" he said shaky.

"I don't understand" I said confused.

"The serum is made from the DNA of other supers. This group approached me with all these blood samples from different ones. They asked me to create a serum that could turn someone human into a super" he said.

"Why ... Wha-" I was in shock.

"Don't you understand? They want to make someone so powerful it can defeat every super in the world" he said.

I passed out.