Chapter 6

Dipper's POV

It was incredibly boring just having to float around in oblivion. But something strange had happened. I saw ME crawl into Mabel's bedroom and Mabel didn't freak out! It had to be Bill! Why didn't she freak out?! Mabel had gone down and I-ME-grabbed the drawing book, and burst it into flames.

IT HAD TO BE BILL! Why did Mabel so openly trust him?! That's when I had snuck closer and I realized I was wrong. So wrong. It was Eleanor. She had disguised herself as me. I tried screamed and tried shaking Mabel, but she was unfazed. She didn't know the treachery going on.

Bill was going to destroy Gravity Falls and possibly THE WORLD. Eleanor climbed out of the window, dressed as me, and ran into the forest. She seemed to be shocked for some reason so I flew down to her, my anger rising and boiling over.

"ELEANOR!" I screamed once I found her in the forest.

Eleanor jumped as she finally realized she could hear and see me. "Pine Tree? What do you want?" She spat and transformed back into her demon self.

"What are you doing with Mabel?! You PROMISED you wouldn't hurt her!" I screamed.

"Pft, I'm not going to hurt her, Pine Tree." She scoffed. "Just trying to gather up the journals. You practically soled your soul to the Devil, you can't do anything about it." Eleanor sneered.

I growled. "Just leave her alone! She thinks I'm ok! She thinks that I'm FINE! WHICH I'M NOT!"

"Calm down Pine Tree, it's doing no harm...to her." Eleanor said exasperated.

"Stop calling me Pine Tree! That's not my name, and you know it! Bill is just using you to hurt us and once he's won, he's going to cast you aside cause you won't be important ANYMORE!" I lunged at her, forgetting I couldn't touch her, and flew right through her body.

Eleanor laughed. "You can't order me around. You can't tell me what to do or whats right and wrong. You're just stuck pathetically in the mind scape, you can't even dream about escaping."

"Eleanor! This isn't you!" I cried.

She flinched and her eyes widened.

I remained silent. I had struck something, something that snapped her back into reality.

Eleanor's POV

"Stop calling me Pine Tree! That's not my name, and you know it! Bill is just using you to hurt us and once he's won, he's going to cast you aside cause you won't be important ANYMORE!" Pine Tree was certainly infuriated, he dove straight for me, but failed miserably.

I laughed at his failure. "You can't order me around. You can't tell me what to do or what right and wrong. You're just stuck pathetically in the mind scape, you can't even dream about escaping."

Dipper's face was so twisted with anger and sorrow. "Eleanor! This isn't you!" He cried.

I flinched back as a memory suddenly shot through me. The last time I had worked on the portal, Bill stepped out, I told him that wasn't him, because he was human. Now Pine Tree was telling me I wasn't myself, because of the opposite reason. I felt like this was so wrong-

"Don't you try to trick me Pines!" I spat. "T-this is me!" For the first time in a long time, I felt unsure at those words.

Pine Tree's face was appalled. "Eleanor, you have to listen, destroying the world isn't the right thing to do!" He looked around frantically. "He poisoned you to think this was right, that this is you, but it isn't! Don't you see that?!" Tears were now streaming down his face.

I growled at him. "I don't! Cause it's not true!" I closed my eyes and teleported far away. I opened my eyes and collapsed against a tree trunk. This was the strangest feeling. It felt so wrong to be bad, but then I couldn't stop.

It was like there were two parts of me, trying to break apart. I drug my hands through my hair. What was going on? This was interfering with mine and Bill's plans. I looked up through the canopy of trees. I still needed to somehow get journal 2. I was almost positive that Stan had moved it. I was positive. It was too risky to check now. I'd have to wait...