Chapter 50

Bill's POV

"When he told me the truth." Arrow closed the door before I could reach for her, leaving me alone and shocked in the hallway.

"Arrow...?" I whispered. The truth? I thought. "Then that means-" I broke off as pure joy jolted through me. "HOLY-" I raced back to my room, elated and leapt onto my bed, cheering happily. "WHOO HOO!" I hugged myself. So that meant she liked me?! It had to mean that!

I raced out to the balcony and smiled down at the world. Even Pine Tree admitted that he didn't want to be with her, so it only left me. Perfect. I smirked up at Pine Tree's 'tomb'. He was dead and out my way forever now. He gave up on her. Just perfect...

Eleanor's POV

The next morning I sat cross legged on the floor, rethinking life. Just the norm. Ghost sat calmly in front of me as his yellow gaze studied me. "Had I admitted that I...I-?"

Ghost frowned and blinked.

I covered my face in embarrassment. "God, I'm going to regret that so much."

Ghost licked my arm sympathetically.

It was true that I was embarrassed that I told Bill, Dipper was right. I felt like I was betraying him, but I knew I wasn't since he was the one who told me. I patted Ghost's head gently and rested my chin in my hands. I still had to find a way to save the world and here I was kissing the enemy and having a slightly care-free time.

I got up and walked to the bathroom and turned on the sink and splashed some water on my face to clear up my thoughts. I spent so much time worrying that my head should have worn off by now. I exited the bathroom and opened my clothes chest. The dress still sat in there, with Dipper's pocketknife still in its folds.

I swallowed hard and slammed the chest before I could even think about it. I knew that I wanted to escape, but there was this yearning for Bill and I didn't want to hurt him. God, what had I become? I didn't want to hurt Bill? It should be the other way. Maybe Bill already didn't want to hurt me. I mean, when he was drunk (I know; not that much to rely on) he had told me I was pretty and kissed me and... 

I brought my hands to my head and grumbled to myself. I was turning into this obsessed and desperate girl! I slipped a new dress on, a silky, black and flowing dress that had smooth sleeves that went to my wrist and the skirt going down to my knees. I fitted on black heels and brushed out my hair quickly. I picked up Ghost and snuzzled him. "You're too cute for a demon created dog." I kissed his nose and set him back on the ground.

My stomach growled. I hadn't eaten hardly anything in days, and that feast Bill had set up didn't go very well. I prayed that this breakfast would go better than the last meal. I grabbed the handle once it appeared opened my door, shutting it before Ghost could scurry out. I went down the now familiar hallways to Bill's room and knocked my hand against his door.

Bill called from the other side. "O-one second! Let me get my pants on!"

I flinched away from the door. "Ew!"

Bill scoffed. "Ugh, not that way Arrow, yeesh."

I didn't bother laughing at that and stood and waited. "Bill, hurry, I'm starving!" I complained impatiently.

Bill angrily swung the double doors open. His shirt wasn't even buttoned up yet as he fixed in his bow-tie.

I examined him and raised an eyebrow. "Really?" I said sarcastically.