Chapter 19

Mabel's POV

Everything was already falling apart. Things were upside and backwards and twisted around. Nothing was what it used to be. I ran through the town, and I was surprised to find it abandoned. Everyone...everyone was down by the lake. I ran behind a tree and peeked out. Bill was floating above people gathered in a small group, they all stared at one thing.

Bill.

Bill appeared to be lecturing them, about how he was their ruler, their tyrannic overlord. He said something about 'one lifespan, three dimensional, five sense, skin puppets.' That wasn't very nice, and honestly, very disturbing- it was true, though.

I looked up at Bill fearfully, but he hadn't seen me yet. In the very far background I could see the silhouette of the orb that Eleanor was trapped in. I wanted to run out and punch Bill in the face, but I knew that would end up failing miserably. He made a big display, showing off his minions and describing the dramatic changes that would be happening.

"-needles to say," Bill was saying, "there's no need to fret. You'll just be stone statues that I can used to pick my teeth." Almost like on command, a floating eyeball-bat laser-eyed one of the towns folk and they turned to stone. A pair of teeth materialized into Bill's hand and he used the stone body of that person to clean it.

I cringed away in disgust and pain. This wasn't going to be ending well. Only if I had Dipper and Eleanor would I be able to stop this. I ran past the lake and into the open. I would be there in no time if I didn't get distracted. The ground suddenly lurched underneath my feet.

I screamed as I was tossed sideways and slammed into my ribs. I gasped in pain, but dizzily got to my feet. The ground to my right cracked open and a thing crawled out. It had large orange paws with eagle talons and bristly fur. It's head was scaled and like an alligator's. It had the tail of zebra and its back legs were a horse's. It turned its beady red eyes on me.

"Oh God..." I whispered. I wanted to run, but should I? Would it just walk away?! The creature opened its mouth to let out a roar, but all that came out was a tiny meow.

I chuckled to myself. The creature heard me and it lowered its head and stared at me. I could see my reflection in its red eye. The creature was about ten stories tall. I was a flea compared to it.

"N-nice...cat-horse-dragon-thing..." I whispered as I backed away. I just needed to get across this open plain, climb to the top of the rails and get into the orb and release Eleanor.

The creature opened its mouth slightly and tried to roar, but out came another tiny meow. I then laughed out loud at its feeble attempt.

It's spindly ears pricked up and it narrowed its eyes. The creature stood on its rear legs let out a loud scream. I covered my ears as the scream pierced my ears. The creature dropped down and snapped at me.

"Uh, oh." I turned and ran. The ground shook and dust bounced off the ground as the creature began pursuit on me. "HELP!" I cried. "HELP ME!" The creature snapped- inches away from my neck. The first word that came to my head to call for help was: "DIPPER!" The creature finally swiped its paw and I was flung twenty feet sideways.

The creature chuckled at me, like it was laughing at my scream in revenge of me laughing at its meow. "Di-" my sentence was never completed, because the creature swatted at me again. I had been so close to reaching Eleanor, but it all went sour. "Dipper..." My breath was knocked out and the dust was getting in my lungs.

"Oh, well, well, well."

I looked up and couldn't even express a reaction, because I was so beat.