Chapter 36

Bill's POV

I had let Arrow back into her room, feeling utterly God-awful. Dammit! Why did you have to do that?! I screamed at myself. I couldn't help it. I was used to getting what I wanted and Arrow was...different...

When I had kissed her for the first time in front of Pine Tree, it was like my world lit up for a split second. I hadn't realized it until then that she was more important to me than I thought.

I wanted her to be mine, but the Pines twins had relieved her of her demonic curse. And then... I brought her back.

It was true, she hated her prison, but she couldn't have run away then. She was mine. Mine. It all payed off, now we were married.

But she still hated me. Even more than before. I terrified her. It hurt to think about her as she screamed and ran away in fear and coward on the ground when I approached her.

I thought things would be better now. Obviously not, it'd take more than a bargain for her to be bonded with me.

Why are you so obsessed?! I asked myself as I stormed down the hall. I'm not obsessed! I countered back on my accusation. Yes you are. I growled. No. I'm not.

I threw open my bedroom door. The master bedroom was just for me. It was quite similar to Arrow's but the bed and windows were bigger and there was a door that lead to a balcony. I slammed it behind me and stomped my feet. "I thought this would be easier!" I scowled.

I flopped down on my bed and took off my shoes and coat, leaving on my white undershirt and black-silk pants on. I laid on my back, running my hands through my hair. It was strange being human, but I wanted Arrow.

No, I don't want her. I retorted to myself angrily.

I took deep breaths, slowing my heartbeat. I could do this. Tomorrow I would receive her powers and I'd be even more powerful than before. I was secretly glad it was Arrow I married and not Shooting Star, or - God no - Pine Tree. I closed my eyes tightly and tried to push all the troublesome thoughts aside. I had enough on my mind with the whole world domination thing. I finally felt rested and fell asleep

******

About two hours later I awoke on my bed. The sky was dark out, showing the sun had gone down. I stretched and sat up, my back stiff. I should at least check on Arrow...

I didn't bother putting my coat or shoes back on and I just walked across the tile. It was cold, but it barely effected me. I made my way down the hall, forcing myself to not look for the spot where I kissed Arrow. No. Don't do it. I found where her door should be located and pressed my hand on the wall. The blue light radiated off my palm and the door formed. I turned the handle and opened the door ever so slightly.

Arrow sat in her bed, sleeping soundly. Tear stains marked her cheeks and her breathing was even and slow. I walked in soundlessly and tip-toed my way over to her side. She was so peaceful in sleep. I stood there for a moment, just admiring her. One day I would admit to myself that I- nope. Not going to say it. Never.

I just wish she could accept me... If she did, she would never run away. But her heartbreak would be more painful if you hurt her... I rolled my eyes at myself.

My thoughts had a mind of their own.

I balanced myself over her, my arms encasing her as I stood at her bed side. Why were humans so complicated? It was stupid. I could never understand them.

And every time. Every time I saw Arrow I would stare at her and just want her to like me. God, I hated this feeling. When I became human that first time, actual feelings were exposed to me and I could never rid of them. I hated it.