Chapter 42

Bill's POV

I felt like jumping up and screaming in happiness! She had kissed me on her own free will! Sure, it may have been out of pity, but it was a start! I clenched my fists and smiled to myself. This was just what I needed. I needed to pay her back, this feeling of ultimate happiness deserved a reward!

I could take her on a walk on the outside world. Yes, I'd have to keep close watch to make sure she didn't make a break for it, but still! She'd get out of the castle. I didn't bother putting on new clothes, I just ran out in my pajamas and made it to her room faster than I had in a long time. I knocked on the wall quickly. "Arrow! Come out!"

The handle appeared on the wall and Arrow opened up the door. She blushed when she saw me and ducked her head. "What is it?"

"I'm going to take you on a walk through town! You've been cooped up here for a while and I think you deserve it!" I couldn't stop smiling.

Arrow's eyes lit up. "You're letting me out of the castle?!"

"Yeeup! We'll go on a walk and then come back, it'll be fun!" I rocked back and forth on my feet expectantly. This is your chance, Bill. You can win her over eventually. Arrow stepped out of her room, leaving Ghost behind, and followed me down the hall. My thoughts were spinning wildly in my head, mostly the thoughts said, she kissed me! She kissed me! I would admit, I was a teensy-weensy bit obsessed. But otherwise, I was normal.

Or as normal as a Dream Demon can get.

I wanted to take her hand, but I knew better not to.

"Why is he acting all nervous...? Is he- no. Nope. Stop thinking that." Arrow was telling herself.

I smiled as I listened to her thoughts. I never realized how prying it was to listen to someone's thoughts, but it gave me good intel. I walked down the hall and lead her to the throne room and walked to the front double doors. I grabbed the large handles and pulled the doors inward. A wave of warm acrid air rushed in, blowing out hair back.

Arrow gasped as she got the view of the chaos in full tilt. The entire town was set a flame and the clouds stormed up ahead, making the world darker. A lot of the vegetation was fried and dead, leaving it looking like a waste land. Probably because it was. Arrow was breathing hard, her breath stirring the dark ash flakes in the air.

"Are-are you ok?" I stammered nervously.

Arrow didn't swallow, she just stood there gaping at it. "I-I...no...actually." She lowered her eye lids. "I didn't expect it to be this bad."

"Don't worry, your out of harms way." I assured her.

Arrow looked extremely pale. "O-ok..." She finally swallowed.

I gathered my nerve and took her hand slowly and she didn't stiffen up, she was focused on the destruction. "Let's go!" I said happily, trying to get her to snap out of it. Arrow nodded and we stepped onto the steps. They were almost invisible, blending in the surrounding with its translucent form. We walked down from the floating palace and reached the ground. "I'm happy to just take a walk with you." I said carefully after a moment.

"Uh, me too."

She hesitated. My hands began to shake nervously. She's lying.

Arrow felt me trembling and turned to me. "Is something wrong?"

I took three very deep breaths. "Sure." I answered with less confidence than I expected. Arrow frowned before shrugging and continuing our walk.

I was trying everything I could to make her like me..., but everything wasn't working out.

Eleanor's POV