Chapter 55

Bill's POV

I probably was teasing Arrow too much, but that didn't really occur to me. It was hilarious every time she blushed like mad and glared at me. Again, what did she expect? I lead her out, not realizing the room was swirling ever so slightly as we made our way down the hall.

"Bill, you ok? You're not walking straight."

I shook my head, noticing I was walking straight into a wall. "Ha, whoops!" I pushed myself away from the wall and Arrow caught me, leading me back to the party room.

I heard her mutter something about 'alcohol' and 'demons', but I didn't quiet catch it. We reentered the ballroom and I raised my arms up, saying "We have returned!!!" to the crowd.

The demons cheered at that, and Arrow obviously didn't understand what I had meant by that, which made it all the more hilarious. I walked down the ballroom again and Arrow faced me directly, forcing me to stop walking.

"Can you use some magic to sober up, or something? Please? I want to have a good time without having to babysit you." She begged.

I almost protested, but then I sighed - not wanting to. "Ok... Fine. But next time, I'll lock you in your room if you're gonna keep complaining."

Arrow sighed and nodded. "I'm down with that."

I rolled my eye and lifted up my hands performing a spell and the room stopped shifting around and all of my awareness returned. I brought a hand to my head, blinking for a bit. "You're welcome, Arrow." I told her tersely.

Arrow sighed, but hugged me which immediately made up for it. "Thanks."

I impulsively hugged her back, enjoying her not being afraid of me. Enjoying her wanting to hold onto me. "Sorry for what I said in the closet." I whispered, but then began laughing.

Arrow rolled her eyes dramatically. "Good to know you're sorry about that."

I took her hands and held them steadily. "What do you want to do now?"

Arrow studied my hands as she thought. "There's a lot of possible answers to that question.... hm... I just want to sit and relax."

I frowned at that, but I knew a lot of the answers I would have given to that question weren't on her list of answers. I put on a smile and sighed. "Ok, if that's what you want." By one of the large windows, I made a large single-cushion, velvet and gold sofa appear. "Good enough?" I asked.

Arrow blinked in shock. "Actually, that's even better."

I smiled and brought her over to the sofa. She went to sit, but I reclined my entire body across it first, making her scrunch her nose up adorably at me. "Come sit."

Arrow sighed and sat, leaning her back against my stomach. "You are so stubborn; you know that?"

I nodded in agreement. "I know." Arrow continued to sit, stiff shouldered. "Lay down, stop acting so stressed."

Arrow took a shuttering breath, as if she was gathering up courage, and laid down her side and I curled up next to her, wrapping my arms around her. Arrow - at first - was tense before she sighed and relaxed against me. It may have taken forever, but she was finally excepting me. Finally. I smiled and nuzzled my face into her hair.

"You know, usually you don't curl up against me unless we are alone." Arrow said with a slightly teasing tone.

"I may have been developing a rather bad reputation for myself if that's what you think." I chuckled and blushed lightly.

Arrow let out a laugh. "Well, it's true!" Arrow sighed and closed her eyes briefly before turning around to face me instead of the crowd. She lifted her gave up to mine and smiled. "Look... can I say something?" She asked.