Chapter 53

Eleanor's POV

Bill was being sweet and all, but I really hoped he didn't get drunk again. That was truly a nightmare with the strange things he said and did. Yeesh. At about five o'clock - or at least I thought it was five, it's hard to tell with everything being messed with - demons poured in the doors of the castle and to the ballroom. He sure could throw a party, I'm not gonna lie. He stood proudly in the entrance way, guiding everyone in.

"Should I be worried that I'm surrounded by a bunch of demons?" I asked quietly through my fake smile to all the strange creatures.

"You slept with a Dream Demon - you have nothing to fear."

My face turned bright red and I silenced myself at that.

Once everything was in, Bill closed the doors and smiled at me, taking my hands. "We have some special guests, so don't be alarmed. You probably won't even notice them."

I took a deep breath and nodded. "Ok..."

A band of demons stood up where the instruments were and were playing music that was actually quite delightful. Who knew. Bill took a glass of champagne and began to mingle with all the others. I desperately followed, not wanting to be left stranded in a crowd of strangers. Bill was weaving his way through while I tripped and stumbled along.

"Bill." I hissed.

He stopped and turned around, his glass half empty. "Oh, I'm sorry." Bill used his magic to make the glass float as he picked me up bridal style and held me. "That better?"

I couldn't stop my face from heating up. "Sure." I said tightly.

Bill smiled and nodded. "Good, good. Now come on; I've been waiting to dance."

I rolled my eyes as he lead me out of the crowd and set me down in the middle of the room where the demons began to draw away from us. "Does it have to be in front of everybody?" I whispered.

Bill smiled. "Absolutely."

I sighed deeply. "I knew you'd say that..."

The demon-orchestra stopped playing for a second before they began a new song for Bill and I to dance to. Bill took my hand and put one of his hands on my hip and I put mine on his shoulder. We moved slowly, but actually quiet gracefully, across the dance floor. I hummed the song tune, actually recognizing it.

"Are you having a good time...?" Bill whispered hopefully.

I blinked, smiling as well. "Yeah..."

Bill pulled me closer and sighed. "Good, I didn't want my magic ruining everything again. At least I had some sense."

I grinned, laughing at him. "Why are you so elegant and royal - you're a demon?" I asked.

Bill shrugged. "I'm also human and handsome. Not all demons have my qualities, Eleanor."

I blinked when he said my name. He said it in such a way, that it made my heart glow. "Oh..." I fell into silence and looked up at him. "You said my name..."

Bill, at first, looked confused before he nodded. "I did... I only say it when I feel the need to."

"Why do you now?" I questioned him.

Bill bit his bottom lip. "Because we're having a moment, aren't we?"

I ducked away. "Maybe."

Bill brought his hand up and used his finger to raise my chin. "Maybe?"

I giggled. "Well, more so yes than no."

Bill sighed. "Good... I really want you to be happy with me..."