Chapter 30

Dipper's POV

I wanted to just curl up and cry for Wendy but that would do me no use. I had to save Eleanor or Wendy's help would have been in vein and I couldn't let that happen.

I picked up myself, the squirrel still screaming and flailing around in pain from the axe to the eye. I ran around it and I felt horrible. Wendy had decided to leave her secret hideout and she was immediately captured. That didn't make me feel any less guilty.

I crossed the rest of the way and stared up the cliff. "Hello again..." I sighed in exasperation. I began to climb my way up. I used the same footholds that I had used the last couple times I had from when I climbed up.

My heart ached painfully that Wendy had only made it so far. The guilt was excruciatingly painful.

I was beginning to wonder why Bill had even decided to take over. By inference, he got bored in the Mind Scape and Nightmare Realm and wanted to spread terror and pain world wide.

I reached the top and walked across the rails. I didn't know wether or not I should go in. Who said I could do anything.

Wait...

An idea formed in my head. It could work...-

No. That was crazy.

I took a deep breath and entered the bubble.

This time I didn't fall on my face, I actually dropped onto my feet. I raced across the black tile and rounded the corner.

"Eleanor!" I shouted quietly.

Eleanor turned to me. "Dipper, you can't be here! You've gotta hide!"

"No! I'm not leaving! Wendy came to help me, but she got captured before we could figure out a way to rescue you!"

"Then why did you come?!" Eleanor asked tartly.

"Because! I couldn't let Wendy's attempt be in vein! I'm going to think of a way to free you!" I persisted.

"Dipper! Bill offered me something..." She trailed off.

I stiffened. "What is it?"

"He came in and told me something... He said that all my problems could vanish. Bill said that if I joined him in the apocalypse then he'd spare the Pines and resurrect my parents..." Her face was pale.

"You didn't accept did you?!" I cried in fear.

"No, I didn't. I declined it." Eleanor gave me a sorrowful glance. "He got mad at me and said that he could then hurt someone! He was trying to decided who to hurt and he chose you!"

I felt my blood run cold. "H-how is he...going to hurt me?"

Eleanor shook her head. "I don't know! That's the problem! I don't know why you even came! You know you can't break the chains! Only Bill can!"

I sighed angrily. "I. Know." I said through gritted teeth. "But I need to try!"

Eleanor flung herself around me in a hug. The chains were heavy on me, but I hugged her back. "I know it's dangerous," she started, "but I'm glad you're here. I really needed someone."

I drew away, frowning. "I'm glad I can comfort you..." I then pulled out my pocket knife and I saw Eleanor flinch back.

We were both thinking of my...attempt. I swallowed, pushing that behind me and tried to unlock the chains.

Eleanor watched intently.

I still felt dizzy from Eleanor's words. If Bill was going to hurt me, why not on my way here? I stuck the tip in the jerked it around in a twisting motion. I gripping the handle tightly and twisted it and flinched when there was a loud snap.