Chapter 39

Eleanor's POV

"What? Who's Ford?" I asked confused.

Bill looked around frantically. "There's too much to explain. He must have found a way to travel in time and tried to stop your fate to come here!"

"Come here?" I repeated hastily. "I don't understand what you're saying!"

"You and your parents were supposed to live in Gravity Falls from the day you were born, but he must have altered the past to make you be in California. But your fate caught up with you... He is more ingenious than I thought..."

"Please tell me who this is!" I begged.

"That doesn't matter! What matters is that he's still alive..but he's not here." Bill took deep breathes. "He must have changed only one thing and forgot about the variables in between. That's why you came back here." Bill looked up. "You would have come here to fulfill your fate no matter what it cost..."

I paled in fear. It all made sense now. Why my parents had suddenly wanted to move, why I found Mabel and Dipper so quickly, how I had easily agreed with Bill to give him my blood and trust him and why everything happened. Everything had been mapped out the entire time and I had no power to make the right choice, because this was all supposed to happen. Everything that happened would have found a way to happen one way or another.

It wasn't my fault. It wasn't my fault! "OH MY GOD!" I dropped to my knees. "It's not my fault!" I felt like crying in happiness, but I couldn't find the right happiness to express, I was in shock. "So my entire life..." I looked up at Bill. "My entire life I have been controlled. This was all supposed to happen and not supposed to happen?"

Bill nodded. "Yes..."

I stood up. "Everything I did...it wasn't me."

Bill looked crestfallen. "Yes...."

"So Dipper was supposed to die all along..." My voice cracked. "How can this be possible..?"

"It shouldn't be. But he managed to outrun any bad outcomes while he was at it." Bill took my hands. "And, I guess I have been being controlled as well."

My breathing was shallow and uneven. I have been controlled my whole life. "Bill, what do I do?"

"I don't want to talk about this..." Bill murmured.

"But I do. I need to. Bill, I've been a puppet my entire life. All my choices have been monitored and controlled. It was like my life wasn't living. It was like I have been following a program and I had no say."

Bill's eye was hollowed out and empty. "I know..." He clenched his fists. "But I can't change that. That isn't my job, not my power.... Bedsides, I got what I wanted."

When he said that I felt like he wasn't being sincere. "Why would this Ford guy do what he did?"

"He was trying to stop me..."

So this Ford guy knew this would happen.... I shook my head and looked at Bill, a traumatized look upon his face. I knew what he was thinking. The utter thought that he too had been being controlled must have been mortifying. "Should-should we go the ballroom for the celebration?"

"I'm sorry I almost killed you." Bill ignored my question.

"I-" I clamped my mouth shut. "It wasn't your fault." So, Bill did care. What he did, he couldn't stop it. Maybe all those things he did weren't his true nature..?