Chapter 44

HAPPY NEW YEARS ALL MY LOVELIES!

Eleanor's POV

Panic flared up inside of me. What is wrong with me? Drunken Bill was right, I played a part in all of this. I glared at him. "Why did you kiss me?!" I pushed it away.
Bill gave me a lopsided smile. "Because, I'm-"

"Don't." I interrupted hastily. "Just don't say it, please. I'm begging you."

Bill smirked triumphantly and flopped his head back against the comforter. "Haha..." He sighed. "I just like kissing you." His voice was drowsy. "I just do."

My stomach knotted up in nausea. Gross. "Yeah, ok-"

"And your lips...so soft-"

"OK! THAT'S ENOUGH!" I screamed in embarrassment. "JEEZ!"

I could see Bill smirking ever so slightly. I growled and continued to sit on my clothes chest. "Please tell me you'll get better quickly." I said after a moment of silence.

"Not any time soon!" Bill sang and chuckled. "I should do this more often!"

"No!" I shouted terrified. "Please no."

Bill raise his head ever so slightly and smiled at me, a strange light in his eyes. "Ha, sure..." Bill was silent for a while when he finally spoke again. "Arrow?"

"Yes...?" I replied through gritted teeth.

"Come here..." He sounded sleepy.

"Uh, I don't think so, not again, thank you." I spat tartly.

"I won't do that again! Promise!" He lifted up his pinky and I slowly walked over to my bed and sat beside him.

"Kay...what is it this time Bill?" I said exasperated.

"You're pretty."

I continued to stare gloomily at the wall. "Thanks." My voice held no emotion.

"You're welcome."

"Is that it?" Annoyance crept up me.

"Yes, but just lay down with me..." Bill sounded like he was going to fall asleep.

I reluctantly flopped down next to him and stared at the ceiling. "This fine?" I growled.

"Closer."

I scoffed. "Nu-uh."

Bill laughed and hummed to himself in a daze.

I closed my eyes and took several deep breathes. In...out...in...out... My eyes fluttered open ever so slightly so I could see the faint light filtering through the window. It fell quite in my room and there was no sound. I sighed in relief. Finally peaceful... I thought to myself. That is, until Bill moaned - reminding me he was still in my bed.

I shot up faster than a bullet and fell to the floor in a flurry of limbs. I looked up shocked to see Bill still sitting up there, I guess asleep. God, Mrs. Paranoid strikes again. I told myself in embarrassment. I got up and leaned over him in the bed.

His usually snarky grin and flashy eye was now closed and peaceful. My anger and annoyance evaporated and a slightly concerned look formed on my face. He looked better sleeping than awake and, definitely, better than drunk.

I smirked at him. "Glad you finally passed out you stupid triangle." I muttered triumphantly.

The corners of Bill's mouth twitched up. "Not yet, Arrow..." His voice was groggy.

I glared at him, but a small smile grew on my face. "Well, dammit."

Bill opened up his eye slightly and chuckled. "I'm trying to sleep, Arrow."