Chapter 17

Eleanor's POV

It was the most horrible and gruesome feeling in my life. Being possessed was like having my soul unwillingly ripped from my chest and then sliced into thousands of pieces and then thrown into a volcano. I feel that that's a pretty accurate description.

Mabel had brung me back up to the attic and was helping me tend a scratch I had on my leg.

"I'm sorry that had to happen." Mabel whispered for the thousandth time.

"I-I know..." I sighed as she rubbed it with alcohol. I winced at the stinging. "Just Dipper-"

"He's just mad." Mabel interrupted. "He's mad he can't be with you and he's mad that Bill can take control of you." She looked me in the eyes. "His number one fear is now Bill."

I glanced away in silence.

"He's mad that of course, if you had to fall for anyone or anything it had to be Bill. Dipper is just frustrated, that's all."

I scoffed. "Just frustrated? Dipper seems like he wants to chain me up..." My voice trailed off. "Maybe that's a better solution.

Mabel gave me a stern glare. "Look, I know things aren't looking to good, but it'll eventually go over. One day you'll be sitting peacefully at home and-" Mabel broke off and paled. "I-I'm sorry." She backed away. "I didn't mean to bring that up."

I shrugged. "It's fine." But it wasn't. On the inside I was utterly torn up from their death. Especially since I was the cause of it. What would happen after everything was solved? I couldn't stay with Dipper and Mabel, summer ends and they go home. What was to be left for me?

Mabel obviously didn't believe my words, but she carried on. "But you know what I mean. It'll be over someday."

Someday. More like some week or some month. This seemed to drag on forever. "Where do you think Dipper is."

Mabel tensed up and glanced towards the window. "I don't know."

I bit my lip. "He-he could get into trouble..." I whispered.

Mabel finally nodded. "Let me go find him so he doesn't get hurt." She ran towards the door, then paused. "You're staying here."

"But-"

"Just stay here." Mabel then ran out and left me alone again. I walked over to the window with a slight limp so I could see Mabel running into the forest.

Why was I always, in the end, left behind?

I flopped onto Mabel's bed and stared at the roof.

Oh Arrow, I thought we had something....special.

My body went ridged. "Bill, get out of my head." I said, my throat tight.

I was just trying to have fun...

"No!" I cried out. "You're just trying to ruin our lives and destroy the world!" I screamed into the empty room.

Bill chuckled. I guess that's true too.

"Why are you trying to hurt us?! We didn't do anything to you!" I exclaimed.

I want this world to be mine. For over a trillion years I had been trapped in my decaying dimension. And now, your world shall become mine.

"No, Bill. This isn't right! You'll only destroy this world along with yours!" I cried out.

I don't care! I will no longer be contained in a place such as mine. I have enjoyed looking down upon reality. It is so plain and ordinary, all I need to do is spark some things up.