Chapter 3- Jogenen

Chapter 3

Jogenen

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

Once the rain settled down, and the sky cleared, the three of them left the cave. When Gajeel asked Lily why he hadn't mentioned that he was afraid lightning, the black Exceed simply crossed his arms over his chest and huffed. Gajeel took the lead again as they continued on to Jogenen, they had ended up spending the night in the cave, until the rain had finally stopped that morning. The three fell into silence once more, but this time it wasn't a strained silence, more of a comfortable silence.

Frea lightly jumped over a large rock that had fallen in the way of their path as they entered trees. She immediately breathed in deeply and stayed alert for any sounds in the forest that might indicate danger. But as they walked on for the next hour, the forest was calm and peaceful. Frea glanced sideways at Gajeel and narrowed her eyes slightly.

She breathed in deeply once more, but this time she focused on the Iron Dragon's scent. She had always recognized it as being the scent of metal, but now that she paid attention, it had the tinges of stone, and was sort of damp... Frea narrowed her eyes in thought. Gajeel's scent... Metal, stone mixed in with... damp earth, sorta... and the sweet tinge that all Dragon Slayer's scents had.

Frea glanced up as the Silhouette of a town came into view across a stretch of meadow, and a dark forest rose up behind it. Gajeel slightly picked up his pace and she walked faster to stay at his shoulder. They made their way across the grass quickly, and they both faltered in their walking at the sight of the town. All of the buildings were ruined, some of them were completely destroyed.

Frea glanced to the left to see rows upon rows of freshly dug graves at the edge of the town and she stiffened. Their arrival did not go unnoticed as a fairly elderly man and woman walked up to them quickly. They looked slightly wounded and their clothes were tattered and dirty. Very few people could be seen walking through the town, everyone looked hurt, scared... sad.

"Are you the Fairy Tail Mages?" The old man asked and they both nodded. The woman sighed in relief as she looked at them helplessly,

"Oh thank god!" She gasped. "Please, you must kill all of these horrible creatures! We've lost so many people..." The elderly woman trailed off and started crying as the man placed an arm around her shoulder. Frea self-consciously took a small step back and she sweatdropped a little, the immense amount of pain and sad emotions coming from the town was washing over her in huge waves.

She hated the feeling of that Energy, almost to the point where she wanted nothing more that to turn away from the village. Her small step back hadn't gone unnoticed by Gajeel, but he looked away from the Energy Dragon to look at the elderly people in front of him.

"What's been happening?" Gajeel growled.

"Dozens upon Dozens of Monsters have been showing up at night and attacking our Village." The Old Man started. "Every night, someone or several people are killed... some of them are even eaten..."

All three Fairy Tail Mage's stiffened. "Our numbers have drastically fallen, and our town is pretty much destroyed. Please, all we ask is that you take care of theses Beasts for good." The man told them, as his tone turned to a pleading one.

"Do not worry, we will take care of these Monsters." Lily spoke up and the elderly man smiled at the Exceed.

"Thank you."

.:+:.

As soon as they were done patrolling through the town, and gathered all the information they could. Frea turned and quickly started walking out of the town, toward the meadow. She didn't even check to see if Gajeel and Lily had seen her leave, she felt sick, she needed to get out of there.