Chapter 15- Spells

Chapter 15

Spells

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

Chase blinked his eyes open and glanced around in surprise, he didn't remember coming back to the stone shelter... But what did he remember? Lets see... I was in the Rock Clearing... and my magic... My Magic!

He shot up into a sitting position, eyes wide. I Stabilized my magic! Before...

A sudden feeling of light-headedness came over him and he caught himself with his hands behind him before he fell over. He felt drained, despite the fact that he was extremely pleased to have been able to stabilize his Magic.

"Try not to over-do it, ok kid?" He blinked in surprise to see his mentor sitting on a rock near the edge of the lake with her back facing him. He faintly wondered how she had known he was a awake.

"How did I get here?" He asked and she turned to face him, still sitting on the rock. She was smiling,

"I carried you here after you passed out." She explained. "But I have to say, good job. Your learning fast." She told him and smiled a little wider. He looked away in embarrassment at the praise.

"Thanks..." He murmured. Frea smiled a little more at his embarrassment.

"You get the day off. Try to rest up and regain your strength. When your feeling up to it, we'll get to the best part." She told him.

"What's the best part?" He asked and she smirked.

"Learning different moves and spells."

It took two days for Chase to come back up to full strength, and today they were in a clearing on the opposite side of the mountain, near the place Frea had hidden when she had asked Chase to find her.

"Alright kid, show me your magic." Frea ordered and Chase held out a hand toward her, his light blue Energy magic appearing in his hand. Frea took a step forward and took it from his hand, tossing it over in her fingers, which were wrapped in her own silver Magic. "Energy Magic changes based on the user." She began. "Color is one of the most obvious changes, yours is light blue, mine is silver, and Chaitanya's was white with lavender edges." She explained. "But there are more differences, like yours... its flexible, more fluid. Mine is more firm, and solid." She explained.

"Your Magic is naturally this way, and if you needed to you can change that, but it requires more Magic Power to do that, and even then the change isn't permanent. Your moves are going to be different from mine, and so is your fighting style, simply because our Magic is different." She told him and he nodded. She smiled and plopped the light blue magic in her mouth and chewed, before swallowing. She chuckled when she saw the surprised look on Chase's face, before he looked a little annoyed.

"Did you have to eat my Magic?" He asked and she chuckled a little more.

"Come on kid, do you have any idea how long its been since I've eaten pure Energy Magic? Give me a break." She smiled and he sighed, though he still looked slightly annoyed. "So first things first, we'll start with a defensive move." She explained and she turned away from him, taking a few steps in his opposite direction. She turned back to him and created a hard, compact ball of her Magic in her hand. "Put up a sort of shield made from your Magic in front of you. I'm going to throw this at you, and you had better not let it tear through, or your gonna get hit."

Chase nodded and lifted his hands out in front of him, his light blue magic appeared in front of him and Frea threw the ball toward him. Her Magic hit his with a quick flash of light, and she sweatdropped when his shield bent from the force. His Magic kept bending, but her magic hadn't torn through, and she quickly stepped out of the way as her Magic Ball was thrown back at her as his shield bounced back to its original place. Her Magic Ball tore through a tree and a few more before it was stopped.

"Ok... Maybe our magic is more different than I thought..." She murmured and turned back to see that Chase had let his Shield drop, and he was smirking at her in triumph. She smirked back, "Alright kid, Energy Magic relies on who uses it. I can teach you the basic stuff, but your going to have to come up with your own moves." She explained and he nodded.

"Alright, show me the basics, and I'll start coming up with more moves."

Frea was extremely impressed with her student, he picked up on the basics pretty quickly, and she had been surprised out how fast he came up with different moves that would work well with his Magic's characteristics. As she had suspected, their fighting styles were rather different as well, where she liked to fight someone head on and up close, Chase preferred to fight at a distance.

And his Magic was good for it, he was really good already, though there was still plenty for him to learn. When Chase asked about spoken spells, where you would have to say a series of words, she really didn't have a lot to tell him.

"As I've said before, Energy Magic changes based on who uses it. There aren't a lot of spells that will work universally for all Energy Mage's, that's why you have to make your own spells." She had told him, and she wasn't surprised by his reaction.

"Make up a spell? Do you know how crazy you sound teach?" He asked and she sighed.

"You have to look into your heart and use the emotions your feeling, you'll know what to say when the time comes, but only if your feelings are strong enough. And don't forget, there are limitations to what you can do, you have to be strong enough and have enough Magic Power to do something, that's what keeps you from being able to do anything, its impossible to be able to anything, no one is that Powerful."

"Though it is said that Energy magic can do the impossible." They both glanced over as Jynx appeared beside them. "There is even a Legend, from the ancient times, that if you feel strong enough about something, you can cast a powerful spell with no Magic Energy at all." Jynx explained and Chase couldn't help but laugh.

"I guess that's why its a Legend, now that I know can never happen, Energy Mage or not." He chuckled and Jynx only smiled and nodded a little.

"I Agree, it seems a little far fetched." Jynx replied and Frea simply stayed silent.

"Just remember what I said, when you really need a spell, you'll just know what to do when you need it." Frea murmured and Chase nodded.

"Alright Teach, even if it does sound a little crazy."

.:+:.

As the total time they had spent on tat mountain stretched out to seven months, they had picked up on some History from Jynx. Frea honestly had a good idea about what Jynx would tell them, though she had been young at the time, Chaitanya had told her a little bit about the history of Energy Magic. Energy had never been highly practiced, even when there were more people who could use it, hundreds of years ago when Magic was still fairly undeveloped.

At the time, if you didn't have 'World Sense', you couldn't be taught, so all of the few Energy mages had the ability. No one was certain as to why Energy Magic had all but disappeared, but because they were the only people to know of its history to their knowledge, it simply passed out of all of history and knowledge. No one considered it a 'Lost Magic' because everyone beside the three on the mountain, didn't know that it had existed in the past. While Energy magic wasn't considered a Lost Magic, Frea was still considered to use a Lost Magic because of the Dragon Slayer Magic that she used.

Frea knew of two mages, who had been known as the strongest Energy mages in all of Fiore all those hundreds of years ago, though she did not know very much about them or their names. When Frea had brought it up, the ghost girl had admitted that she too didn't know any more than she did on the subject.

They continued to train on, heighten Chase's skills and Energy Sensing, Senses. But as the ninth month pushed on, there wasn't hardly anything more Frea could think of to teach Chase.