Chapter 20- Deserving

Chapter 20

Deserving

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

Frea and Chase walked down the tunnel in silence, the surrounding walls were smooth and the air was cold. As they traveled deeper and deeper into the tunnel, the more the light grew dim.

Frea narrowed her eyes, waiting for them to adjust to the darkness as best they could. She paused a little when something on the cave wall caught her eye, and she saw a dark round plant growing on the wall.

She tilted her head and quickly tapped it, smiling as it lit up with blue-green light, and hundreds more out up all around them, illuminating the dark cave with its cold light.

They kept traveling, and Frea glanced sideways when she noticed Chase narrow his eyes as he stared at the ground.

"What's up kid?" She asked and he let out an annoyed sigh at the name, before turning his dark blue gaze in her.

"Is it just me, or the more we travel the more all of the Energy around here becomes distorted and confusing?" He asked and she nodded.

"Yeah I noticed it too, there must be something about this island that is making it harder for us to discern different Energy's. And I suspect that the farther inland we go, the less we will be able to feel any Energy and make any sense of it." She replied.

"Won't that be a problem?" Chase asked and she smiled a little.

"You might not be able to tell what's around you right away, or as clearly, but as long as you stay sure of your own Power, you should be ok." She promised and he nodded.

They both stiffened slightly as a very immense amount of power sprung up over the island and she saw Chase sweatdrop. "What the hell... Is that Gildarts?" Chase asked in disbelief.

"Yes. I think it would be better if you just block out all the Energy besides what you need to focus on, at least for now. Don't focus on Gildarts' power, that much at once will drive you crazy." She warned and he nodded slightly.

"So Teach," Chase began and she nodded a little to show she was listening, even though her gaze was focused on the path ahead. "Why do I get the feeling you don't want to be here?" He asked quietly.

Frea let out a low sigh, she had known there would be no way her attitude would go unnoticed by him.

"I don't want to be here." She replied.

"Then why didn't you tell Master you didn't want to? I'm sure if you don't want to, he could have picked someone else." Chase told her and she glanced his way.

"Master has asked me every year if I wanted to be a competitor in the Exams." She told him. "Every year, I have told him no." She looked away. "This year, he didn't ask me beforehand. I can tell he's making me give the Exams a shot, even if I refused he would have made me come anyway."

"These Exams seem like a big deal... Everybody looked like they would love to be chosen." Chase murmured. "And you, your probably one of the top picks for becoming an S-Class, that's probably why you had been given the chance every year. But why wouldn't you take it? It seems like a really big honor, and I'm sure many people think you deserve it." Chase told her and Frea's eyes narrowed.

"I don't deserve it." She muttered. "Somebody who has harmed her Guild-Mates, destroyed their homes... Does not deserve to be given the chance to become an S-Class. I can't be trusted with that, and I know I don't deserve it." She hissed.